Name an album with nothing but great songs on it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What about the bootlegs? ;)
    Of course. The live shows are where it's at. I used to trade cassette tapes back in the day. Now nearly all the stuff they ever recorded is available for free.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Most people know at least a couple of his songs, but done by other people. He's always been one of my "musical heroes" and I try and see him whenever he's in town.

I got to see a show where it was just him and Lyle Lovette....couple of excellent writers swapping stories and even taking requests.

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    Wow,
    Just about every album listed is amazing ,even norah Jones is listed.. John Hiatt is the only one I am not familiar with. Nugent ,Boston .., my youth wasted in album side after album side....

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I'm probably one of the biggest Deadheads on this board and I have no shame in saying most of their albums are trash. Good songs, bad representation of them.
    OK, so many of the albums are a bit "commercial".

Of course. The live shows are where it's at. I used to trade cassette tapes back in the day. Now nearly all the stuff they ever recorded is available for free.

Most of my collection comes from the internet archive https://archive.org/details/GratefulDead. I have all the Betty Cantor soundboard shows downloaded to my library and many other good ones too. They were definitely more of a live jam band than a recording/studio band.

The tour with Bruce Hornsby was awesome.

Looking forward to Dead & Co. coming up in June. John Mayer is almost a better Jerry than Jerry was (at least not so high like Jerry was most of the time).

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    OK, so many of the albums are a bit "commercial".

The tour with Bruce Hornsby was awesome.

Looking forward to Dead & Co. coming up in June. John Mayer is almost a better Jerry than Jerry was (at least not so high like Jerry was most of the time).
    American B was them trying to get the harmony of CSN and Y . Go to heaven might be about the best studio album and I think it was all done remote with each member laying down tracks alone so the band was never together.

There once was a local concert venue called the sports and music center downtown.
    1984 I was a cars talking heads and new order fan. Taken to my first dead show. Life was never the same again. 45 shows later and a few post Jerry l shows. Jerry Garcia band shows Jerry seemed more relaxed saw many JGB shows also. Merle sanders on piano might have blown away Brent and Bruce H.

I like Bruce H but he was no Brent Midland. Brent and Jerry had that look going. Don’t know how to explain it. Jerry looked at Brent and smiled and Brent got stronger Brent look back at Jerry and Jerry got stronger. Bruce might have got there eventually.

1984-1989 was still dead shows post 1989 was a madhouse.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    American B was them trying to get the harmony of CSN and Y . Go to heaven might be about the best studio album and I think it was all done remote with each member laying down tracks alone so the band was never together.

There once was a local concert venue called the sports and music center downtown.
    1984 I was a cars talking heads and new order fan. Taken to my first dead show. Life was never the same again. 45 shows later and a few post Jerry l shows. Jerry Garcia band shows Jerry seemed more relaxed saw many JGB shows also. Merle sanders on piano might have blown away Brent and Bruce H.

I like Bruce H but he was no Brent Midland. Brent and Jerry had that look going. Don’t know how to explain it. Jerry looked at Brent and smiled and Brent got stronger Brent look back at Jerry and Jerry got stronger. Bruce might have got there eventually.

1984-1989 was still dead shows post 1989 was a madhouse.
    I remember that venue, saw Robert Palmer and The Cars there. It was the clay courts if I remember.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JJSHOOTS
    Top Bottom