• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's hearsay. Taking into account that the interaction that MgDerf described is true, no one of can verify that this chick voted, who she voted for, nor who she intends to vote for in the upcoming election. However, it should be noted that based on the woman's comments, if factual, she admits to voting for Clinton over Trump, and has already stated that she would vote for Trump, without even knowing who the Democratic candidate will be. That, in my opinion, seems to indicate that the woman is a simpleton, and other than expressing her right to vote, doesn't actually have a clue as to why she's voting.

Seems to me that someone who sees a punchbowl with 13 (or 17, or whatever the current count is) turds floating in it isn't a simpleton for deciding to try the lemonade instead, without first tasting the punch. Seems quite smart to me

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just remember, most if not all democrats in her district are blind and will vote for her even after she gets to meet the Devil himself.

Nancy will in all likelihood be re-elected to her Congressional seat, but without the majority she will lose her speakership.
    She will not play second fiddle. She'll retire before she does that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's hearsay. Taking into account that the interaction that MgDerf described is true, no one of can verify that this chick voted, who she voted for, nor who she intends to vote for in the upcoming election. However, it should be noted that based on the woman's comments, if factual, she admits to voting for Clinton over Trump, and has already stated that she would vote for Trump, without even knowing who the Democratic candidate will be. That, in my opinion, seems to indicate that the woman is a simpleton, and other than expressing her right to vote, doesn't actually have a clue as to why she's voting.

Question. And it is an easy one. As you state this woman is a simpleton........which one of those clowns that the DNC has rolled out are you or would you consider voting for. Not to vote against Trump as that is already established in your remarks but one that you would put this country's future in their hands.........:dunno:

Fair question.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Question. And it is an easy one. As you state this woman is a simpleton........which one of those clowns that the DNC has rolled out are you or would you consider voting for. Not to vote against Trump as that is already established in your remarks but one that you would put this country's future in their hands.........:dunno:

Fair question.

I didn't state the woman was a simpleton for deciding to vote for Trump. There are plenty of non-simpletons that support Trump. I have that opinion of the woman because she has swung from political extremes. Going from Clinton to Trump, indicates, at least to me, that the person is a bandwagoner, lacking any political thought whatsoever. As far as who I would consider voting for, my preferences are: Biden, Yang, Klobuchar, and Buttigieg. I would happily vote for any of them. The other candidates, it depends, with the only one that's a complete no being O'Rourke.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    In other words once you vote for a party you have to stay with that party or be labeled a simpleton.

People grow up, mature, and see things differently. Maybe she was an uninformed simpleton before, and watching the clowns on the left for the last 3 years has made her realize what the democrat party is truly about.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    There are plenty of non-simpletons that support Trump. I have that opinion of the woman because she has swung from political extremes.

Thanks for clarifying that simpleton statement; it makes sense now.

I'm gonna pray O'Rouke gets the nomination......just to make it safer for all of us; and simple for you.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I didn't state the woman was a simpleton for deciding to vote for Trump. There are plenty of non-simpletons that support Trump. I have that opinion of the woman because she has swung from political extremes. Going from Clinton to Trump, indicates, at least to me, that the person is a bandwagoner, lacking any political thought whatsoever. As far as who I would consider voting for, my preferences are: Biden, Yang, Klobuchar, and Buttigieg. I would happily vote for any of them. The other candidates, it depends, with the only one that's a complete no being O'Rourke.
    I don't really see a political extreme here. I see it as someone changing their political affiliation as they become more informed. Why does someone going from Clinton to Trump indicate to you they are lacking "any political thought whatsoever"?(other than the obvious)

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010

So you're a simpleton, " lacking any political thought whatsoever." if you decide that that the Democratic party is no longer for you? What it really seems like is that you consider someone a simpleton who lacks any political thought if they don't think like you. Interesting but then again, according to you, I would be a simpleton.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK asked and answered. At least I am with you On Beto boy. But Buttigieg...………... you lost me there man. But my opinion is, well, mine.

Your vote.
    With that stage coming off like a carnival side show I would again be "forced" to vote Trump as I see the American people paying a very dear price if any of that bunch makes it into the big boy chair. How much free stuff can they come up with.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    OK asked and answered. At least I am with you On Beto boy. But Buttigieg...………... you lost me there man. But my opinion is, well, mine.

Your vote.
    With that stage coming off like a carnival side show I would again be "forced" to vote Trump as I see the American people paying a very dear price if any of that bunch makes it into the big boy chair. How much free stuff can they come up with.

Like the "Not ready for prime time players"?
    That bunch is FAR from center stage material.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't really see a political extreme here. I see it as someone changing their political affiliation as they become more informed. Why does someone going from Clinton to Trump indicate to you they are lacking "any political thought whatsoever"?(other than the obvious)
    So you're a simpleton, " lacking any political thought whatsoever." if you decide that that the Democratic party is no longer for you? What it really seems like is that you consider someone a simpleton who lacks any political thought if they don't think like you. Interesting but then again, according to you, I would be a simpleton.

If it mays you both feel better. I'd view someone who switched from Trump to Clinton the same way. As for you Slapstick, you voted for Clinton, and are now firmly in the Trump Camp? Well, I'm not going to insult you, but if that's how it went down, I will certainly question the stability of you political thought.

MgDerf recounted the encounter with the young simpleton as such:

"I really wanted HER to win, but now I see what a terrible idea that would have been."

That doesn't make any sense. Clinton was a terrible choice then, so how is she just now coming to the realization of what a terrible idea voting for her would be now? There's nothing "new" about Clinton. She's been who she's always been. I think she may have taken a fancy to MgDerf, and was looking for a opening. :cool:

Last edited:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    ...As for you Slapstick, you voted for Clinton, and are now firmly in the Trump Camp? Well, I'm not going to insult you, but if that's how it went down, I will certainly question the stability of you political thought...

Never said who I voted for in the last election. The only thing you could infer, and would be correct on, is that my political views are different from yours. From all that you posted in this thread then that would make me a simpleton in you book since my political views are different from yours.

What you fail to consider is that there are a lot of reasons a person may have voted for Hillary in the last election but now would vote for Trump. I can think of several reasons off the top of my head why a person would change their vote from supporting the Democratic candidate to the Republican candidate in the upcoming election. To you those people are simpletons who should never have changed their political opinion and if they do then the "stability of their political thought" must be questioned. It reminds me of the liberal "cancel culture" where a person can not change, evolve and will forever be defined by their past.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Perhaps see realized that the mainstream newsmedia has been lying to her. She believed them when they said "Hillary is the best" etc., but due to their multiple, recent, and obvious lying and flip-flopping she has begun to see the mainstream newsmedia for what they are. In the process of this, she also sees that the country is doing well...seems that voting for Trump in the future would be a reasonable switch for her in that case. I base this on similar happenings with non-political people with whom I'm occasionally around beginning to "wake up" to reality.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If it mays you both feel better. I'd view someone who switched from Trump to Clinton the same way. As for you Slapstick, you voted for Clinton, and are now firmly in the Trump Camp? Well, I'm not going to insult you, but if that's how it went down, I will certainly question the stability of you political thought.

That doesn't make any sense. Clinton was a terrible choice then, so how is she just now coming to the realization of what a terrible idea voting for her would be now? There's nothing "new" about Clinton. She's been who she's always been. I think she may have taken a fancy to MgDerf, and was looking for a opening. :cool:
    I don't think she was saying that. She's saying it was a mistake when she voted for her then (although she didn't feel that way at the time, she has come to that realization). And she's saying it would (again) be a mistake now. Kind of like how I voted for Obama in '08, realized what a mistake it was then and so held my nose and voted for McCain in '12.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

Dancing?

There are allot of things I "wanted" at one point or another in my life. If I were a betting man, I'd say you also have had the same. Sometimes it takes a few moments to realize a mistake has been made, other times it may take years and years. There are even times when you catch yourself in time. I actually "wanted" to say allot more, but as my fingers work, I realized I should not. See, that's how that works, it's that simple.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    One thing is for sure, reputation on this board isn’t just a meter by ones avatar...

I keep my own reputation system and it evolves constantly as I learn more about what makes various users tick. Kind of like realizing you made a mistake voting for the wrong someone in the past.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One thing is for sure, reputation on this board isn’t just a meter by ones avatar...

I keep my own reputation system and it evolves constantly as I learn more about what makes various users tick. Kind of like realizing you made a mistake voting for the wrong someone in the past.
    In my case, my thinking was, "You know, this country has been run by old white men for a long time and I'm not sure I like the results." Along came Obama (smooth talking snake oil salesman) and I thought, "Hmmm, why not?" I soon found out why not. Won't happen again.

Top Bottom