• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In seven years the same few that was chanting “the money isn’t there or the deal would be done” will be eating crow again!

65% of NASCAR fans already have amazon prime now….

There has never been a time in the history of the sport where you could watch the entire NASCAR Cup Series schedule on free broadcast television.
    You are the head in the sand crow eating expert. Business 101 says if the deal is not done the money isn’t there. And yes, Fox and NBC could have had the additional ten races but did not want them. Only an idiot would think differently. It is undebatable that going to cable or streaming results in fewer fans being able to engage the sport.

Fair to point out that the NFL has MNF on cable, why? ESPN is paying over a $100,000,000 PER GAME, $2.3 billion a year. What ESPN pays in three years for around twenty games is more than the entire NASCAR package.

They also have Amazon streaming, Amazon is paying $1 billion a year for ten years. The difference I see is the NFL uses the desperate needs of cable and streaming for exclusive content to rake in billions while fans still have complete access to their team.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Why don't we compare NASCAR new contract to old contract? Looks like more revenue to me

Business 101 is about top and bottom line.

I don't expect Dollar General to make what Microsoft does but I still own their stock.

I don't expect the Indianapolis Indians to pull down Pittsburgh Pirate revenue but I still enjoy going to dog night at the park.

Something doesn't have to be the biggest baddest thing ever to be profitable or entertaining.

I would rather watch Rugby than the NFL and it's economically viable enough for me to do so.

I am not all that concerned that it doesn't pull down NFL or Premier League cash as long as I can enjoy it.

Not like it's going away tomorrow or in the next 7 years.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Comparing stick and ball sports that are shoved down people's throats starting in elementary school, and have the benefit of being able to have a consistent "home team" to racing is like comparing apples to pine cones.

Of course the NFL fan base is going to be a lot bigger when you have 36 teams that are always in the same place, the team from year to year is still your team even if there are a few personnel changes or retirements.
    There was a time when NASCAR successfully competed for the same fans the NFL was competing for. It was very close and media of the day was flooded with articles about if NASCAR would overtake the NFL, but then NASCAR changed the doors so many of us loved and hence we have the topic at hand.

I agree with most of what you said about NFL appeal but the NFL found ways to increase their fan base while NASCAR lost a lot of us and simultaneously failed to get new viewers.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    There was a time when NASCAR successfully competed for the same fans the NFL was competing for. It was very close and media of the day was flooded with articles about if NASCAR would overtake the NFL, but then NASCAR changed the doors so many of us loved and hence we have the topic at hand.

I agree with most of what you said about NFL appeal but the NFL found ways to increase their fan base while NASCAR lost a lot of us and simultaneously failed to get new viewers.
    Cookie-cutter cars and manipulated races along with wokeness changed all that. NFL tried the wokeness route but still put out a good product. When NASCAR got non-racing people in to run the show this happened. Anyone that doesn't know this didn't follow the sport very closely prior to Dale Sr.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why don't we compare NASCAR new contract to old contract? Looks like more revenue to me

Business 101 is about top and bottom line.

I don't expect Dollar General to make what Microsoft does but I still own their stock.

I don't expect the Indianapolis Indians to pull down Pittsburgh Pirate revenue but I still enjoy going to dog night at the park.

Something doesn't have to be the biggest baddest thing ever to be profitable or entertaining.

I would rather watch Rugby than the NFL and it's economically viable enough for me to do so.

I am not all that concerned that it doesn't pull down NFL or Premier League cash as long as I can enjoy it.

Not like it's going away tomorrow or in the next 7 years.
    Just the point, they once were comparable. A better analogy might be Apple and Motorola phones, at one point they were competitors, but Motorola failed to advance and now likely do not even compete with Dollar General…

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    You are the head in the sand crow eating expert. Business 101 says if the deal is not done the money isn’t there. And yes, Fox and NBC could have had the additional ten races but did not want them. Only an idiot would think differently. It is undebatable that going to cable or streaming results in fewer fans being able to engage the sport.

Fair to point out that the NFL has MNF on cable, why? ESPN is paying over a $100,000,000 PER GAME, $2.3 billion a year. What ESPN pays in three years for around twenty games is more than the entire NASCAR package.

They also have Amazon streaming, Amazon is paying $1 billion a year for ten years. The difference I see is the NFL uses the desperate needs of cable and streaming for exclusive content to rake in billions while fans still have complete access to their team.
    Prove that the TV people didn’t want the 10 races…. Only an idiot would think they didn’t want them races!

May want to warm up your CROW…

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    There are at least two people in this thread that don't have a clue as to what happened after Brian France took over. You and I are not them. :thumbsup:
    If you was only as smart as you pretend to be you know more….

Got any Childess memes to post today…you’re slacking!

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Prove that the TV people didn’t want the 10 races…. Only an idiot would think they didn’t want them races!

You're Brian aren't you? I wondered what that druggie/drunk was up to after trying to destroy NASCAR. Welcome to INGO. We don't buy your BS here either. Go back to rehab. :lol2:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

AYFKM! Is warmed up the best way to eat crow? I want to know straight from the expert.

Interesting thing, I cannot find the breakdown of who paid what in the deal, just the totals, why are they hiding that? I would like to see a comparison of what Fox and nbc paid vs last contract without the cable/streaming cash added. (Please post if anyone finds those numbers.)

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    AYFKM! Is warmed up the best way to eat crow? I want to know straight from the expert.

Interesting thing, I cannot find the breakdown of who paid what in the deal, just the totals, why are they hiding that? I would like to see a comparison of what Fox and nbc paid vs last contract without the cable/streaming cash added. (Please post if anyone finds those numbers.)
    Try one of your National Enquirer sites were you get your Nascar news they should have what fits your agenda if not you can cherry pick it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Kinda like a Trump tax return...private company

Top Bottom