• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    its a public safty service under the current laws it is legal...........if they find something or you are impared after affect of the stop it not really why they stop you... the reason you are detain is for public saftey service from the police department to stop drinking and driving

i'm sure your right

but as a reason what a load of crap

jake

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    it the same excuse they use for TSA its here to protect you and people let them pass the laws actually police check points was a temp plate to TSA in a way...yes you give up a little liberty for security but hey the street are saver from mad terror drunk drivers

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    how are check points not entrapment?

jake

This is not "entrapment". Totally different altogether.

Here would be entrapment:

A undercover cop walks up to you and says "hold this". You look down and see that he has handed you something illegal. Then the undercover cop says "You're under arrest".

That is entrapment. The victim / arrestee has to have an "innocent" mind.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    You only lose the rights you are not willing to defend.

what really mind blowing if there is a drunk person who goes threw a check point in Indiana they have a right to refuse any test the officer wants them to take they still will get arrested and lose there driver license for awhile but will not face a DUI charge ...... yet most don't know and there no law that says you have to talk to the police for any reason thats why we have the 5 th amendment most American don't truly understand doesn't mean your guilty of anything its just a right .

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    206623_192998404071002_165801456790697_428094_3569384_n.jpg

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    there fixed it for you :D

jake

Sir, while I appreciate what you are saying, the line has been crossed with NDAA being signed into law. I do not intend to disappear.

People do not yet understand the new territory we are living in.

It is a new world that THEY have created.

I will not comply.

I will resist. If I disappear, it will not be voluntary.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    "I will resist. If I disappear, it will not be voluntary."

i wasnt meaning that it would be voluntary, i was meaning that resist and end up in one of their camps or whatever they have

jake

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i'm trying brotha!
    like a lot of folks i dont really know how
    i vote, i want something more for all of us, than what we've become. i want my kids to have a future. but what is the "plan"

jake

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I found this interesting from the IIHS website Sobriety Checkpoints page.

Indiana Upheld under state Constitution. Indiana v. Gerschoffer, Supreme Court of Indiana, No. 71S05-0102-CR-106, March 5, 2002. Previously, checkpoints had been conducted in Indiana under Garcia, which held checkpoints legal under the federal constitution. State v. Garcia, 500 N.E.2d 158 (Ind. 1986), cert. den. 481 U.S. 1014 (1987); Snyder v. State, 538 N.E.2d 961 (Ind. App. 4 Dist. 1989). In the Snyder case, the court held that avoiding a checkpoint was sufficient cause to conduct a stop. One court in Indiana has that the state failed to prove that the checkpoint sufficiently advanced the state's interest in conducting it. Covert v. State, 612 N.E.2d 592 (Ind. App. 5 Dist. 1993). A drug interdiction checkpoint was held a violation of the U.S. Constitution in Indianapolis v. Edmond, 121 S.Ct. 447 (2000).

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    These so called "sobriety", "seat belt", etc "checkpoints" are nothing more than a pretext to go on visual search without probable cause fishing expeditions.

I remember a few years ago in the Lafayette Journal & Courier, an Indiana State Police officer admitted they catch at least as many drunk drivers by being mobile and looking out for impaired drivers.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    These so called "sobriety", "seat belt", etc "checkpoints" are nothing more than a pretext to go on visual search without probable cause fishing expeditions.

I remember a few years ago in the Lafayette Journal & Courier, an Indiana State Police officer admitted they catch at least as many drunk drivers by being mobile and looking out for impaired drivers.
    You forgot revenue generation.

Top Bottom