Nazi Flag Display on Emerson Avenue (Indy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Once upon a time in America, we had freedom of speech and expression. It was understood that everyone had the innate right to openly state what was on their minds, and to generally express that however they saw fit.

The power of nostalgia. We used to assassinate people for "openly stating what was on their minds".

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's never a guy in a suit in a BMW with racist flags flying.....always white trash in a POS. Same for this guy's house.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In this particular case, what's the difference? The people who object to him flying either flag object for the same reason.

If I lived by him, I'd object to them too....but I don't have a right to do anything about it. As stated several times upthread, him having the right to present himself as an idiot doesn't affect my right to view him as such, and call him an idiot.

If we want to look through the soft focus of nostalgia, more prominent than "live and let live" was a desire to not​ openly do something that would be reasonably expected to make your neighbors mad.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    If I lived by him, I'd object to them too....but I don't have a right to do anything about it. As stated several times upthread, him having the right to present himself as an idiot doesn't affect my right to view him as such, and call him an idiot.

If we want to look through the soft focus of nostalgia, more prominent than "live and let live" was a desire to not​ openly do something that would be reasonably expected to make your neighbors mad.

I agree completely. See below.

If you don't like the flag, don't look at it. He's an ***hat if he flys the flag to support racism, but he's an ***hat with a right to his opinion. People also have a right to hold the opinion that he is an ***hat.

TheMachine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Oh I know where I am. I like poking the hornets nest sometimes.

But really, in what way is putting up Nazi and Confederate flags for the sole purpose of pissing off your neighbors less pathetic than being pissed off? (He says as he trolls full of self awareness)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What about all the dickless wonders wearing Che t-shirts in Bloomington? Where's the story on them?

I try to point out stuff like this to people that say "something should be done", or "he shouldn't be allowed to".
    But, they never understand.
    If they are offended, there should be a law.
    If I'm offended, well, that's just silly.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Paging @Sylvain.... Paging Sylvain. I know he knows a bit about the various flag variations due to his close proximity to the motherland.

I believe it's not even technically a flag but a banner.
    Notice it's held in place by an horizontal pole/pipe.

52.jpg

Podium banner:

1FS3FT4INCHX2FT3INCH.jpg

That's why he's not flying it like his other flag.

I don't get why people are offended by that "flag".
    If anything else they should be proud of the freedom offered under the US constitution to freely display any flag you want. :patriot:
    I could get arrested if I display that flag in France, or in many other countries where owning it is even illegal.

If that's truelly an original historical piece I wouldn't have displayed outside just because it will dammage the fabric.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sylvain, I know you are not an expert but I know you recognized the difference between a regular and hitler youth flag in another thread. Do you know enough about the banners to tell if there is any significance to the fact that this banner has a white ring around the swastika? Ever seen it?

My gut is telling me the reason it is there is because it is a bad reproduction by somebody who doesnt understand the true historical significance of these and thought it would look neat with that extra ring. (based on the overall story)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sylvain, I know you are not an expert but I know you recognized the difference between a regular and hitler youth flag in another thread. Do you know enough about the banners to tell if there is any significance to the fact that this banner has a white ring around the swastika? Ever seen it?

My gut is telling me the reason it is there is because it is a bad reproduction by somebody who doesnt understand the true historical significance of these and thought it would look neat with that extra ring. (based on the overall story)

I don't get your question.All the flags are like that ... :dunno:

The swastika is never directly on a red background.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom