• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What will you do with the knife?
    Is it a utility knife, something for self defense (dagger and such), something to chop wood etc?

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    What will you do with the knife?
    Is it a utility knife, something for self defense (dagger and such), something to chop wood etc?
    Just looking for something with a 2-3 inch blade. I'm pretty paranoid about carrying stuff in my pockets.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Izula, Izula II, Kabar/Becker BK11 or BK14... There are a bunch of others, but these seem to be pretty popular at this price range.

I have the BK14 myself. Its basically a Becker Necker with an Izula handle, made of 1095 carbon steel. I like it.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Check out the exchange on bladeforums and pick up a Swamp Rat Swamp Warden. Scrap Yards Scrapivore just didn't do it for me.

If you can't find one an Izula should work. ;)

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I dislike having too much stuff in my pockets.
    My neck knife is for daily utility and not SD.
    I have had both a Buck Hartsook and a CRKT Minimalist Folts.
    I got the Hartsook first. The S30V blade is really nice but the grip on the stamped steel kind of sucks. It's very small and handy but not too easy to handle.
    I saw the Folts design grip and slightly larger size of the CRKT and had to have it. The SS blade is not as durable as the S30V of the Buck, but it is a far superior knife in every other regard. Mine is the Wharncliffe blade but they also have a tanto and bowie style. If you want a 2" neck knife that is easy to forget you even have it on, I'd recommend it.
    For your $60 budget you could get all three blade styles as they only fetch about $20 each.
    Got mine at Amazon.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have a lot of neck knives, but my favorite is the Spyderco Swick II. They are retired now, but pop up on Ebay every once in a while.

There is a really nice Emerson LaGriffe in the classifieds section right now, but its not going to meet your budget unfortunately. The LaGriffe is a spectacular little knife.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I'll second the CRKT Minimalist series. They're cheap, fit well, and as said, you hardly know they're there. I've been carrying one for a year or so. I wouldn't want to put a whole lot of $ in it. Cause if it's used for it's designed purpose, I don't want it back. They can keep it, and I'll get another one.

BlueDog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    NE Indiana
    The ESEE Candiru would be a great neck knife since it is smaller than the Izula; however, you would need to find a different sheath than the one provided by ESEE. The Candiru has become one of my favorites and carry it most days.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Swamp Rat Swamp Warden, Scrap Yard Scrapivore (like bobbey said), or if you can get one of the Scrap Yard Boot Knives.

I'm not 100% positive, but I think Blind Horse makes neckers for around that price too.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I've been looking at the Blackjack Knives neck knife. I've found them for $60 online and they come in 154cm steel. You might take a look at them, they look pretty nice. I'm trying to decide on something new myself, but I also need some new hunting boots. We'll see...

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Another vote for the Blackjack neck knife. I don't care for a neck knife myself, but I do like some of the compact packages they offer. I spent a lot of time looking at and handling neck knives, and the Blackjack in 154 just stole the show for me.

Not all skeleton knives are comfortable and handle well, but the BJ does. You can also buy the add on handle if you feel a need. Mine handles like a lot more knife and I don't feel the need. I want the spare feeling of the original.

One thing I intend to do is find someone that can turn the kydex sheath into a horizontal carry. It does not accomodate any after market addition due to the odd pattern of the rivents. But I'm sure there is someone out there thatg can figure it out.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

Stan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    I have had the Folts Minimalist around my neck for 5 months now and it rocks I use it every day for sure. Only thing I've done was hang it with dog tag chain.

Top Bottom