• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    I've heard this before.....9:30 right??......longbow is this you??
    seriously though, keep us informed.

Have to have patience sometimes when it comes to these things just following legal advice before taking the next step.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Update: A FOIA request was submitted waiting for that to be fulfilled. The department has yet to change their their policy

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Indianapolis use to go above and beyond as well. You had to type the application even though the form clearly said written or typed was acceptable for them to process it. I believe they did this to limit people from getting applications because a type writer could be hard to find in 2002 in a everyday home. I luckily had access to one where I was working.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Indianapolis use to go above and beyond as well. You had to type the application even though the form clearly said written or typed was acceptable for them to process it. I believe they did this to limit people from getting applications because a type writer could be hard to find in 2002 in a everyday home. I luckily had access to one where I was working.
    Why every bond office had a sign in the window "Gun permits typed here".

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Update: The FOIA was received. The department responded by saying the correspondence with the state resulted in them saying that the statute is silent on whether or not a local PD can or cannot take photos. They are justifying their photo database for more ease and identifying of individuals in encounters with law enforcement.

What say you INGO?

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    The state police opinion was the law was silent on whether or not photos are ok, but the local PD would have to articulate/justify why they are denying a permit because of refusal to take a photo. That justification would then be brought to the state pd to determine.

Top Bottom