• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Well first let me agree with CM 45ACP!!!!!!
    Then let me say this, either one will serve you well. DW is the superior 1911 but the RO will not miss a beat for many rds MANY!! If your looking to punch holes in paper I'd go with the RO its $1000 cheaper and will punch the same rd holes. If you want a DW you better get the DW ull not be happy until you do.

Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    Thanks for all the input. I had the .45 Valor and Pointman 9 in the online cart. I removed one and hit complete purchase. :)

RO im sure is a fine gun, but I'm hoping the DW is nearly out of the box the way I want it. Willing to spend a little more for that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks for all the input. I had the .45 Valor and Pointman 9 in the online cart. I removed one and hit complete purchase. :)

RO im sure is a fine gun, but I'm hoping the DW is nearly out of the box the way I want it. Willing to spend a little more for that.

OK OK......which one.....????

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

See, that's just not cool right there... I mean. I'm not even a 1911 guy and I want to know. As exciting as it gets in my world is did you get the Gen 4 or the Gen 5, or maybe now folks deciding between the Gen 5 and the latest new Glock killer (though I must admit I recently bought a couple of M&P 2.0 Compacts and have :shudder: been carrying one.)

Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    I went with the pointman 9. I plan to get the 10rd 9mm mags from metalform or wilson for it.

Im sure I'll have a .45 by this time next year if the PM9 is as good as I hope it to be.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the Pointman! A 9mm 1911 is a really sweet shooter. Cheaper to shoot too. Eventually, you'll want a .45, but the 9mm is not a bad first taste of the coming addiction.

Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    Congrats on the Pointman! A 9mm 1911 is a really sweet shooter. Cheaper to shoot too. Eventually, you'll want a .45, but the 9mm is not a bad first taste of the coming addiction.

Once the addictions sets in, do most of you that shoot a lot of .45 do your own reloading?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I went with the pointman 9. I plan to get the 10rd 9mm mags from metalform or wilson for it.

Im sure I'll have a .45 by this time next year if the PM9 is as good as I hope it to be.

The 9mm is a great shooter. My wife just got a R.O. in 9. It's such a soft shooter.

Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    That is all I shoot are rounds that I have loaded myself. For .45, wait until you try a 200gr SWC! You will be hooked for life! :)

Is there an increased potential for lead exposure during your own loads? Or any way to just avoid that at all? Its been awhile since I looked into it, but I thought it was from cleaning the brass yourself.

Top Bottom