• JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorry if this is in the wrong category, is so mods please fix

In a previous post.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...f_defense/101921-to_the_officers_on_here.html

Well now I have a subpoena to have a taped statement for the kids PD.
    I have had nothing but trouble with this group. With all that's happened my wife (the boss) has decided it's time to move. We are a struggling family and can't afford to buy a new home without selling our current home first.

With that being said, I am thinking about pleading the 5th in this statement. I have talked to the prosecutor and he says the most the boy will get is probation. With the ongoing threats and vandalism to my home I think it's the best thing to do.

I have had broken windows on my home, flat tires on my truck, radio stolen (and it was factory). I have called the law on every instace and only have 2 reports made.

About 2 weeks ago, the same group of kids were throwing rocks at the back of my house from the alley and shattered my bathroom window. I have a rough collie (lassie dog) (Sam) who took a brick to the snout. Regardless of this, he broke out of the fence as I was on the phone with dispatch. After getting off the phone with them o went after Sam. I found him a block away, LEO shows up and is very rude. Let's me know that if my dog had attacked the kids I could have been charges with a crime. Then proceeded to accuse me of dog fighting???

Sam is recuperating and is doing much better now but things are not getting better. And I have come to believe that if I drop it, it will go away till we can get away.

Please I am looking for real advice here. I have to be downtown at 14:30 tomorrow. I may be taking the weak way out. But my main concern is my family.

Thanks, James.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Super cheap video cams set up in the right places and lay very low, have a plan for any and all that can go wrong.

Get restraining ordering on any and all involved.

Bait sometimes helps...

You have to stay out of trouble yourself, just out smart them and you will come out on top, remember to lay low.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I followed the last thread, and I know it has been rough for you, but I personally would not drop it, These kids need to be dealt with or they will grow up thinking they can do what they want.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Sorry if this is in the wrong category, is so mods please fix

In a previous post.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...f_defense/101921-to_the_officers_on_here.html

Well now I have a subpoena to have a taped statement for the kids PD.
    I have had nothing but trouble with this group. With all that's happened my wife (the boss) has decided it's time to move. We are a struggling family and can't afford to buy a new home without selling our current home first.

With that being said, I am thinking about pleading the 5th in this statement. I have talked to the prosecutor and he says the most the boy will get is probation. With the ongoing threats and vandalism to my home I think it's the best thing to do.

I have had broken windows on my home, flat tires on my truck, radio stolen (and it was factory). I have called the law on every instace and only have 2 reports made.

About 2 weeks ago, the same group of kids were throwing rocks at the back of my house from the alley and shattered my bathroom window. I have a rough collie (lassie dog) (Sam) who took a brick to the snout. Regardless of this, he broke out of the fence as I was on the phone with dispatch. After getting off the phone with them o went after Sam. I found him a block away, LEO shows up and is very rude. Let's me know that if my dog had attacked the kids I could have been charges with a crime. Then proceeded to accuse me of dog fighting???

Sam is recuperating and is doing much better now but things are not getting better. And I have come to believe that if I drop it, it will go away till we can get away.

Please I am looking for real advice here. I have to be downtown at 14:30 tomorrow. I may be taking the weak way out. But my main concern is my family.

Thanks, James.

You can't "plead the 5th". You have a right to not self-incriminate, not to not answer questions about a crime someone else committed. You can simply refuse to answer any questions. In that case one you could be compelled to answer, charged with obstruction of justice, or most likely the whole issue dropped.

Since you've said you won't cooperate the police would probably stop responding to calls and the whole thing will get a lot more dangerous until it escalates to the point you have to do what you should have done to begin with.

They've marked you as weak. You should move while you can.

Super cheap video cams set up in the right places and lay very low, have a plan for any and all that can go wrong.

Bait sometimes helps...

You have to stay out of trouble yourself, just out smart them and you will come out on top, remember to lay low.

^^ This? Yeah not so much. ^^

Cause Indiana doesn't have an anti-stalking law or anything. Oh wait, yes it does. And restraining order are very effective against teenage thugs in the hood, especially the ones that are willing to pull a knife on somebody. Recommending the whole enducement thing? Just wow. And for the coup de grace, if you do anything, there's the whole premeditation and laying in wait thingie too. That's like 14 strikes.

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I followed the last thread, and I know it has been rough for you, but I personally would not drop it, These kids need to be dealt with or they will grow up thinking they can do what they want.
    I agree, you must stand up to them, or live in fear, as long as you are in that house...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm gonna put this as bluntly as possible. Sorry if you take offense.

If you choose to be a victim now, you will be a victim the rest of your life.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I was told by the PD that I do not need an attorney present for this.

LEO's are under no obligation to give you good legal advice, especially when it is not in their interest to do so.

Attorney's however are obligated to give you good legal advice, especially when they are being paid to do so.

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You have to understand that I have not seen this kid since the incident. It has been his buddies (gang) that have been harassing us. If I had done as you say. I am just one man. I can not take a entire "gang" on by myself.
    The police are acting like we are inconveniencing them by calling. But we still call.

You can't "plead the 5th". You have a right to not self-incriminate, not to not answer questions about a crime someone else committed. You can simply refuse to answer any questions. In that case one you could be compelled to answer, charged with obstruction of justice, or most likely the whole issue dropped.

Since you've said you won't cooperate the police would probably stop responding to calls and the whole thing will get a lot more dangerous until it escalates to the point you have to do what you should have done to begin with.

They've marked you as weak. You should move while you can.

^^ This? Yeah not so much. ^^

Cause Indiana doesn't have an anti-stalking law or anything. Oh wait, yes it does. And restraining order are very effective against teenage thugs in the hood, especially the ones that are willing to pull a knife on somebody. Recommending the whole enducement thing? Just wow. And for the coup de grace, if you do anything, there's the whole premeditation and laying in wait thingie too. That's like 14 strikes.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside

My thoughts exactly. It's a GD shame that kids are so direspectful and think they can walk all over someone. I made sure the day I got moved in that the thugs new not to screw around by my house. OCing while walkin the dog helps. Good luck to you man, and stick to your guns. Don't let these thugs dictate how things go down.

Last edited:

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg

Bait sometimes helps...

+1 to this and go after the parents in civil court for ALL your cost due to the damages the kids have caused.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Damn I remember your first thread. Sorry to hear about this happening. I would say reschedule and get an attorney... and get some cameras...even seeing the cameras might prevent more attacks.....do you have any friends that are attorneys or family who knows any? This is too serious and absolutely wrong to just drop and move, which sounds like will be a huge hassle. :twocents:

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Damn I remember your first thread. Sorry to hear about this happening. I would say reschedule and get an attorney... and get some cameras...even seeing the cameras might prevent more attacks.....do you have any friends that are attorneys or family who knows any? This is too serious and absolutely wrong to just drop and move, which sounds like will be a huge hassle. :twocents:

Can not reschedule. The boys public defender wants this done. The prosecutor will be there on my side (he says). this is crap

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Can not reschedule. The boys public defender wants this done. The prosecutor will be there on my side (he says). this is crap

You should always have your own attorney present when answering questions that can & will be used against you in a court of law.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I understand but in this situation, I have done nothing wrong.

That's irrelevant.

You have no idea how the kids public defender intends to defend the kid, they could easily go after you on the stand, paint you as some sort of neighborhood bully that likes intimidating kids by pointing guns at them.

Best advice I can give you is to get an attorney & have them there when you give your deposition.

Top Bottom