• ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Police lie.

No way! ;)

Really, OP, take a look at this clip before you decide whether you should consult an attorney or not.

YouTube - Dont Talk to Police

If you want to pursue this, and help the police do so, making a statement would help, however, you need to consult an attorney (so you don't unintentionally hurt yourself in some way). You could not make a statement (essentially dropping it), but since you said you received a subpoena, that changes things (and your options). You may not, not have the option of giving a statement now. An attorney can tell you for sure.

J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    Sounds like you're being deposed. It's not a statement to the cops. It's part of discovery for the defense. No statement on your part, the case will probably be dropped in court as you will no longer be able to testify as to what happened that night.

Basically, they ask what happened. It will be considered sworn tesitmony as you will be sworn in by a court reporter. If you change your story at trial they'll use it to discredit you. It's a pain but if you want the case to continue you need to go.
    Call the prosecutor in your case to have this explained to you.

Last edited:

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I agree with JD. The prosecutor in the case should also be there to protect the State's (read your) interests.

Backing down now will let these hooligans know that they will be able to get away with anything.

Remember, our criminal justice system is geared for the protection of the accused's rights, not the victim's.

I know, I know, it just sucks. The video cam suggestion is a good one, especially if it can be integrated into your computer.

Being a hero is not what it is cracked up to be. However, life is a death sentence anyway, when dealing with animals, it is good to be the "animal trainer."

Good Luck in your endeavor.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Sorry PD was Public Defender. The kids public defender says it's just a few questions regarding that night and I don't need a lawyer for this.

It's the kids PD. His job is to protect his client, the Kid, and get him off and the case closed. Never answer questions for the other side without some sort of legal council on your side. It is an adversarial system, you against them. Always have someone on your side for your protection and never believe anything their side says.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    So, JHAWK, what happened today? Did you give your statement so these little bastards don't walk?

By the way, how 'bout a pitch-in BBQ/OC event in your front yard soon? Letting the neighborhood see you have a few hundred well armed friends never hurts...lol

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, JHAWK, what happened today? Did you give your statement so these little bastards don't walk?

By the way, how 'bout a pitch-in BBQ/OC event in your front yard soon? Letting the neighborhood see you have a few hundred well armed friends never hurts...lol

I did give a statement. As for if they will walk, who knows? As for the OC BBQ. Still trying to get that set up. Will post it ASAP.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    This is BS.

Breaking your windows? smashing your pups face in? Vandalizing your car? Wish I could say I am surprised but this is typical of the area.

I've driven down your street and I never see a single kid; aside from a lone lost looking homeless effer, I dont see anyone there.

I'd love to catch the little critters in action...

Now, tell me brother; Have you talked with neighors about setting up a Block Watch?

Do you need volunteers?

offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009

^^^^ THIS ^^^^ :D

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The OC BBQ is a great idea. Everyone loves a little cue. But be careful, people knowing you have guns is not always a good thing. They may be tempted to break in and steal them from you when you're away. Especially if they're minors and can't obtain them legally.

Not to worry you, just be prepared.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    What is the desired effect of an OC BBQ possibilities???

Some may look and heed a warning, some might call the bluff. Some might take it as a sign of aggression.

I support the OC BBQ, but I also believe it must be supplemented with a Patrol, and Crime Prevention group.

It's clear the LEO community told you to go screw yourself when they started to hassle you. I have a place not too far from you, and when Im moved in, I will set up something to make being a criminal harder.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    That's irrelevant.

You have no idea how the kids public defender intends to defend the kid, they could easily go after you on the stand, paint you as some sort of neighborhood bully that likes intimidating kids by pointing guns at them.

Best advice I can give you is to get an attorney & have them there when you give your deposition.
    This is good advice I think. I would take it jhawk.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    sorry this is just to cheer you up op: this will be extra security!!!!!
    moz-screenshot.png
    moz-screenshot-1.png
    images

Top Bottom