• ...and so much more!
  • 7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    As someone with tattoos, I would just say..

"knock yourself out. Just put some thought into it, because it's going to be there forever. And be sure to look around for a good artist, that does the specific type of work you're looking at. Some people who do celtic key patterns really well might suck at portraits, for example, and it takes some looking to find the right artist to do exactly what you want. And when you find that artist, you're probably going to end up on a waiting list, and he quite possibly won't be local. When it finally comes time to get it, be sure to ask for and listen to any constructive ideas they have regarding your chosen design. They are the professionals, after all. And follow their advice for taking care of it. Since this is your first tattoo, it's going to feel like a bad sunburn for a while until it all heals up. If it's big enough they might have to do it in multiple sittings, like this one, that took 10 hours and two trips.

Hey... I think I'll get another one, too. Or another gun."

:+1: I like how you think, very rational and through!
    (No purple in that line whatsoever!)

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    my wife got her entire right thigh covered with out saying anything to me! btw...i hate it. she does have other tattoos i love though. so you deffinatley need to share your opinion even if it means a fight. otherwise you might have to stare at her brothers name like i do everytime we have sex! (he was a marine) she got it to commemorate his service. i still think she could have done this with out doing it the way she did though!

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Yes, her bringing it up was wife language for honey what do you think? After 20 years I am still figuring out the wife language thing ;)

Well given the amount of time and money that I have invested in firearms and ammo over the last year I wouldn't have any ground to stand on if my wife wanted one. She is more conservative than I am so I am pretty that won't come up at my house anytime soon...

Drunken Yak inc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Osceola, IN
    Let me start off by saying that I have nothing but respect for woman, they are far above us men. To me, nothing in this universe - either created by man or by God - can compete with the beauty of a woman; so why screw that up by covering said beauty with pictures or words???

90% of tattoos on woman disgust me, but it is their body and they're free to do with it as they please. I also believe that an individual doesn't need permission from their significant other for anything. Their opinion on the matter should be taken into consideration, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be told what I can and cannot do.

Obviously if I was in your situation I would tell her how much I disliked the idea, and that I would prefer if she didn't have it done.

BTW, my girlfriend has 4 tats, all received before we ever knew each other.

rnungester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Let me start off by saying that I have nothing but respect for woman, they are far above us men. To me, nothing in this universe - either created by man or by God - can compete with the beauty of a woman; so why screw that up by covering said beauty with pictures or words???

90% of tattoos on woman disgust me, but it is their body and they're free to do with it as they please. I also believe that an individual doesn't need permission from their significant other for anything. Their opinion on the matter should be taken into consideration, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be told what I can and cannot do.

Obviously if I was in your situation I would tell her how much I disliked the idea, and that I would prefer if she didn't have it done.

BTW, my girlfriend has 4 tats, all received before we ever knew each other.

Very knowledgeable information..... Sounds like you have a woman who has taught you well, same here! :laugh:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Get a Sexy Mop! That will teach her. ;)

(Or borrow Scutter's but I don't think he'll part with his.)
    Taking a stand and having someone to fall back on. ([STRIKE]When[/STRIKE] If it doesn't work.)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Like the guy in the video says, it's all about processing and interpeting information. For example: The wife suggested I get myself one of those "male enhancers", so I did.....she's 21 and her name's Lucy.

Seriously, though, tell her she can do whatever she wants to do. Then ask her the question every person, male or female, should ponder before getting a tattoo. What's it going to look like in 40 years?

Why does it matter what it'll look like in 40 years? That isn't the issue I'd have with it, I'd be questioning the matching tattoo idea. None of us will look good in 40 years so the tattoo thing means nothing to me. I know with the way I am, in 40 years I most likely won't have the same group of friends if any of us are even still alive.

As far as her at least asking your opinion, to me that is a respect thing. That doesn't mean if you say no that she shouldn't get a tattoo but it really should be more meaningful than a girls night out idea. If my group of friends followed through with our guys night out ideas there would have been some serious stupid choices made.

Top Bottom