• Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have the Sportical.

Plane Jane but the price was right.

I'm leaning toward the Falcon Menace right now.

Nice. What'd you pay for it? Where'd you get it?

Here's my LR308B. It now has a PSG grip on it for added compfort as well as the Timney trigger...I'm serious about getting a new trigger for it, you won't be satisfied with your new toy until you do(Sorry for the crappy pic, I've since vastly upgraded cameras).

l_87cc6eb339445b1eb77d79375dd09ff5.jpg

I really want a Magpul buttstock, but there is other stuff out there that I want before I drop ~$250 on a new buttstock.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Nice. What'd you pay for it? Where'd you get it?

Here's my LR308B. It now has a PSG grip on it for added compfort as well as the Timney trigger...I'm serious about getting a new trigger for it, you won't be satisfied with your new toy until you do(Sorry for the crappy pic, I've since vastly upgraded cameras).

l_87cc6eb339445b1eb77d79375dd09ff5.jpg

I really want a Magpul buttstock, but there is other stuff out there that I want before I drop ~$250 on a new buttstock.

Nice setup!

I paid about $900 for mine.

If I invest in a new trigger, you have to install it for me! :D

And, you can help me zero my new scope (when I get it) while your at it. I've only zeroed an ACOG on my SIG 556. I have very little rifle experience.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Nice setup!

I paid about $900 for mine.

If I invest in a new trigger, you have to install it for me! :D

And, you can help me zero my new scope (when I get it) while your at it. I've only zeroed an ACOG on my SIG 556. I have very little rifle experience.

Thanks. I bought mine from aloharover from THR. Actually, I paid slightly more than you with shipping included...Luckily, Whittakers couldn't keep them in stock, because I ended up saving quite a bit by going through him...Hands down the best deal I could find. Great guy to do business with BTW. Since I was buying the rifle from him, I got my 19 rd magazines for less than $10.00(I think they were $7.00) a piece...Which is slightly better than their $30 price tag.:D

We may want to drag along someone a little more proficient in zeroing scopes...I'm not the greatest at it either. I end up wasting more ammo than I should.:n00b:

IMO ACOG's are a piece of cake to zero compared to a scope. I have one on my RRA AR 15 and it is by far my most favorite firearms accessory I own.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Oops, I forgot to comment on the trigger...Timney and Jewell(the best triggers IMO) both make drop ins that are super easy to install yourself. Jewells are nicer(and more expensive), but I couldn't pass up the deal I found on the Timney.

If you get one, feel free to just bring it to the range and we'll have it installed in no time.

I have some ~3 lb trigger springs(it's been so long since I bought them I don't remember the exact pressure) that you can have if you want to try them out. I used them for a bit and then found that fantastic deal on the Timney. They are definitely better than nothing.

They are also a bit trickier to install, but still not too bad.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Just wanted to report that I ordered a Falcon Optics 5/25/500 with the ML16 reticle!

I should have it by the middle of next week! :woot:

wraymusicman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Colorado
    +1 for the Nikon Monarch

I would get the BDC reticle - very easy to use, especially if you are a good judge of distance or are shooting at known distance.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Just wanted to report that I ordered a Falcon Optics 5/25/500 with the ML16 reticle!

I should have it by the middle of next week! :woot:

Same here with a 4-14x44. England to my door in three days! I ordered metric mil dots. Much simpler for my simple mind.

Top Bottom