• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    I have an opportunity to purchase a Taurus millennium 9mm subcompact 10+1 unknown round count. I have read mostly positives, wanted to hear more from the INGO public.
    So what say you...

What price range?

Last edited:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    my only complaint is they seem to have issues getting the sites on target. ive tried and tried everything short of a gun smith to get my sites on both of my Taurus' to line up... i have had no luck.

otherwise great guns! the 2 i have now make numbers 3 and 4 for guns from Taurus I have owned. the first was stolen, second was traded for the 4th :)

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    make sure it is third generation. I have read the 1st gen was junk and the 2nd gen was somewhat better. You can tell by the markings on the slide.

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    I was looking at buying a millennium pro about two months ago. I went with the Ruger sr9c for about 50 more. Very happy with my Ruger.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Everyone I've ever known who has owned a Taurus has had to send it in for repairs within a few weeks of owning it...and they all bought their's new.

I once bought an 850 (.38+P DAO) revolver...it was repaired twice (2x) for the same problem (cylinder would lock up after firing the first round) and I finally traded it to get rid of it. Scary gun!

I had a PT-145 in .45acp...which was nice shooting gun...but it just didn't feel 'tough' like it could 'take it' like a Glock or a Ruger could!

If you're serious about your gun(s), ante up another $50 - $100 and you'll be much happier...and MUCH more satified!

Not to rain on your parade...but good luck...let us know what you decide!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I have an opportunity to purchase a Taurus millennium 9mm subcompact 10+1 unknown round count. I have read mostly positives, wanted to hear more from the INGO public.
    So what say you...

What price range?

I had a 24/7 Pro C DS in 9mm, and it was 100% reliable. Felt very nice and always worked. I could never get used to the long trigger pull, since I grew up with single action (mostly a 1911), so I ended up getting rid of it, but I could have kept it and been happy and just practiced a lot with it.

If you get a good price on it, I certainly would jump on it.

shoot the radio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Had my mill pro for bout 5 yrs....carry everyday. The gun has never jammed once. I can't speak to others but I got mine for $300 nib and I'm happy w my purchase

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It seems to be a crap shoot with Taurus. Either you get a good one fifty percent of the time, or you get a bad one. And, needless to say you get an over worked CS department, too. I like much better odds than 50/50. I won't make that mistake again.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i have owned a pt1911, pt145, 605, pt709, and a pt99.

the only issue i ever had was that the pt1911 had a cheap safety, thin blueing and was finicky with JHPs.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I bought a Taurus Milinium about 10 years ago. It was the 2nd gun I bought. First was a Taurus 617 357 mag. Sold the 9mm last year when I bought an XD 40sc. Loved the 9 never had ANY problems with it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Taurus again.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    first gen's are :poop: and the second gen's are better, the third gen's i hear are pretty good pistols, but thats i all i know about them

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I own one Taurus handgun and love it. No problems at all from it and I bought it used several years ago. I have several friends that have Taurus handguns as their EDC and they are more than happy with them. I have fired many different Taurus guns and have never been disappointed with any of them revolver or semiauto. Good luck with your decision.

Top Bottom