• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I've had and have several Taurus's no problems. For the money I love them. Had a pt111 only gripe was it felt top heavy, but once I got used that it was a nice carry gun.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Previously owned a new Millennium (1st model). There were no problems. It was replaced w/ a Springfield 1911 for IDPA competition.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I've owned three Taurus firearms. The first was a PT-945, their full size .45. Never had any problems with it, it ate everything and was accurate. The next was a PT-25 which was also 100% reliable, and I wish I still had it even though it served no useful function for me. The last was a PT-145 Millenium, the first-gen of their .45 Millenium series. The trigger pull was long and a bit gritty, and I had a problem with light primer strikes with some brands of ammo. I ended up selling it because I needed money at the time. I later heard early models had frame cracking problems.

HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    Never had owned a Taurus before the Judge line came out. Always heard QC was lacking. Now I feel with the company in the USA and their lifetime warranty, The QC is not a problem anymore. That does not mean a bad one will not slip out every once in awhile. It doesn't matter what you deal in sooner or later one will not stand up to the public's opinion. And boy oh boy do we have an opinion. Own 3 Judges and have never had a problem with any of them. Friends have owned Taurus's for year and they have never complained of problems. Buy it shoot and train with it and enjoy your 2nd amendment right.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I own several Taurus handguns from 22lr to 45acp(bout 18). I shoot them fairly regular. I use them for EDC. and my first goto handgun. (Yes I also own Glocks, Rugers ,Bersa, Springfield's and others)

I have personally have not had any issues with any one of them.
    All of the, I heard this or that... well...:dunno:. ???? You can have issues with every brand. So good luck and if you purchase a Taurus, enjoy it cause I definately enjoy mine.

kblazer87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I don't know if it is too late to chime in, but here goes. I own 6 Taurus handguns right now, including the PT111 Millenium Pro 9mm, and none of them have ever been any trouble and none have ever needed to be sent back to the factory for warranty work. I am a big fan of the Taurus products and will continue to buy and use them as long as I can. I think the one you are looking at would be fine piece for you.

KGreenwell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Guilford
    I had the same experience as thompal. I could not get used to the trigger pull. I tried for two years. I loved how the gun felt in my hands. Sold at the last Indy gun show. I also have two Taurus revolvers. Neer had one problem. Good luck.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I have a Taurus pt1911 .45 and just got rid of my PT24/7 Pro .40.

Both excellent guns with failures of any sort being extremely rare. I do agree with a previous post saying the trigger pull on the 24/7 is a bit on the long side, but the 1911 trigger pull is perfect.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I have a PT145 that I bought as my first handgun a few years back and have no problems with it at all. I also own a 85ch that I love. I would not hesitate to buy another one!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Since the OP asked about the Millenium, here we go:

About every one that had one at our range had some problems, with few exceptions, all third generation. Jamming, parts coming off of them, etc... I had a second generation .45 Millenium, jammed more often than not with a wide range of ball. At about round 500, I gave up and sold it with full disclosure. They are very hit and miss, with ones that have had no problems being generally low round counts or competant owners (ones that polished feedramps or changed ammo upon encountering jams). Most of them I have seen that have problems get worse the more ammo shoved through them. :noway: Generally, if I see one now (and have lots of friends/coworkers asking me to help them get a gun) for sale, I take "never had a jam" with a HUGE grain of salt, as many are passing off problem guns to others.

Save the extra loot and get something else or a 24/7. The 24/7 are a great gun, seemed to work the kinks out of the Millenium series. For similar loot, get a Ruger polypistol, their SR9 series is TOP NOTCH (after a bit of polishing internally).

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Have a PT92AFS and it is a great firearm. I am looking at a Millenium 40cal as an add to my collection. I would not hesitate to buy one if the prices are right. Previous owner of revolvers, and other semi autos with no trips back for warranty work. Owned a couple that looked like they were drug behind a truck, but worked flawlessly. Good luck.

fatmatt1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    North Vernon
    I just got my wife a PT111 Millenium Pro for Valentines Day. After handling virtually every pistol at the shop, she picked out that one.
    I found it had a lot of factory goup in it, and after I cleaned it for her really well.......she loved it even more.
    That being said we have yet to shoot it...all she knows is that she wants a pink Hogue grip for it.:rolleyes:

I've heard good things about Taurus....from revolvers being as good as S&W, and such autos like the Pt92 and their 1911 as being as good as other bigger brands.
    I will probably own one in the future.

SerasVictoria

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I've only heard good things. Taurus will repair anything that is wrong with their handiwork also, so keep that in mind. I've been looking into the PT111 myself for a first carry. I've been having a lot of difficulty finding anything besides a 1911 that fits my hands the right way. I picked up a Taurus PT111 and it felt pretty good. :D Whatever suits your fancy.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have several Taurus firearms including a PT1911, two .44 magnums, a .38 snubbie that I inherited from my Dad and a PT99. I have been happy with all of them. I have not been able to shoot them as much as I would like, but the only trouble that I ever had was with aftermarket mags in the 1911.

Top Bottom