• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have a front wheel drive push mower we were going to use for a small area of the yard. Front wheel drive lawn mowers suck.
    Agreed. One of the many 2nd hand mowers I've had was a craftsman fwd. added unnecessary weight to the front an made tilting to turn brutal on your back.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have a Toro GTS that I've had for 10 years. GTS stood for Guaranteed to Start..... it lives up to it's name. I've had to replace the belt, the front propel wheels, and the cable for the self propel. Only complaint is that it could use another horse or two..... You can get them at Lynhurst Lawnmower. Corner of Michigan and Gasoline Alley behind Allison.

That's what I have and have had for about 10 years also. No complaints at all. It doesn't really get used too much anymore because we've added flowerbeds to the yard which negates the need for any trimming. I can just do everything with my tractor.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't know if you've bought anything yet chezi or have your mind made up but I bought a honda mower 10 years ago and it still runs like a champ. It was pretty cheap and I have gotten way more than my money out of it!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I had a husquavarna chain saw, it was complete junk. They had a plastic chain slack adjuster screw that stripped out in no time at all. Not sure about their push mowers but I wouldnt try them.

I would think a Honda would fit your budget and be long lasting.

Second this motion on their riding mowers also, plastic internals, two oil changes old (47 hours) loud clunking noise, $1800 pile of scrap metal. Bought a used 21 horse B&S and installed it in place of the cheap Chinese "kohler" and this mower now has almost 500 hours on it!

Top Bottom