• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    For what it's worth, I have a cheap PSA upper (with iron sights) a cheap Anderson lower,Anderson parts kit, I can hit the X ring at 200 and 300 all day with it (slung up and in my coat) runs well, holds zero, and is as close to "as issued".....it was cheap, runs well......just my 2 pennys worth

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Also on ammunition suggestions my LWRC really likes the "heavier" bullets and shoots especially well with 62gr .223 Fiocci as well as 77gr MK262 5.56 ammo, I have not tested a "good" 55gr load in it yet but the rifle was printing about 2.5 MOA with Wolf Gold

uj3YGbyh.jpg

A4iBihoh.jpg

please ignore the "pasters" on the stickie targets they had to be used as by the end of the range / zeroing session I ran out of the things

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Another solid +1 for Alan at A&A optics. I disagree with almost everything Seedubs has said in this thread, but I am 100% with him about Alan. Alan's good people and he will give you the best price on the best optic for your purpose/budget, or he will tell you to buy something else from someone else.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    For what it's worth, I have a cheap PSA upper (with iron sights) a cheap Anderson lower,Anderson parts kit, I can hit the X ring at 200 and 300 all day with it (slung up and in my coat) runs well, holds zero, and is as close to "as issued".....it was cheap, runs well......just my 2 pennys worth
    and that's all that you should be doing with it. Go run a fighting rifle class at tactical response and let me know what gun James loans you to finish with when yours quits

Dustycoyote

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Somewhere
    I talked with Alan at AA and got some really good info. Just as with the guns, the optics are more than I had expected but feel pretty good about what he directed me towards so I went ahead and ordered them. Got a couple of the refurbed Vortex units along with Vortex cantilever mount.

Just like withe advice I got on the guns here in the forum, I believe that I Could have probably gotten a couple good scopes that I'd be happy with for about 200.00 each, and that there are indeed decent enough products at that price, it made sense to follow Alan's advice and spend a little bit more for something I'll likely own for decades.

I also bought several ETS mags from an online store called BOtach.com. I'd like to get some lancer mags later as well. I like that lancer adds the metal sleeve on theirs but ETS seemed to get great reviews generally. Anyone have any experience with either? (it seemed that in lots of reviews Pmags didn't perform as well as I thought they would so I thought I'd step out and try something different.)

Dustycoyote

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Somewhere
    Somebody in the thread asked if I'd post pics of the guns once i got them.

here they are.... LWRC with Vortex 2.5-10x44.jpg Sionics build on Spikes lower with Vortex 1-4x24.jpg

the LWRC is beautiful and great to hold. I haven't been able to go out and shoot either gun yet but based on just initial impressions I would have loved to have just bought 2 of these LWRC guns!

The Sionics kit was really easy to build. I had no idea that building (the lower at least) was so simple. Glad to have done it for the experience. It also feels really good but I'm surprised how much lighter the LWRC feels. I don't know if it really is that much lighter or if it's maybe just better balanced? Maybe that LWRC fore-end grip helps me to get a better handle on teh weight?? I don't know.
    I ended up choosing a BCM gunfighter SOPMOD stock and really like the extra cheek area it gives, though I don't know if I'll still love it after trying different shooting positions. .We'll see.

I mentioned before that I bought the ETS magazines. I'm sure they're very good quality but I got the "connectible" versions and I don't love the extra width that they have. I probably should have gone with the normal versions but oh well, not a huge deal...

Bought a bunch of different types of ammo types to try out and am ready to go out and sight in the scopes!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Somebody in the thread asked if I'd post pics of the guns once i got them.

here they are.... View attachment 56848 View attachment 56849

the LWRC is beautiful and great to hold. I haven't been able to go out and shoot either gun yet but based on just initial impressions I would have loved to have just bought 2 of these LWRC guns!

The Sionics kit was really easy to build. I had no idea that building (the lower at least) was so simple. Glad to have done it for the experience. It also feels really good but I'm surprised how much lighter the LWRC feels. I don't know if it really is that much lighter or if it's maybe just better balanced? Maybe that LWRC fore-end grip helps me to get a better handle on teh weight?? I don't know.
    I ended up choosing a BCM gunfighter SOPMOD stock and really like the extra cheek area it gives, though I don't know if I'll still love it after trying different shooting positions. .We'll see.

I mentioned before that I bought the ETS magazines. I'm sure they're very good quality but I got the "connectible" versions and I don't love the extra width that they have. I probably should have gone with the normal versions but oh well, not a huge deal...

Bought a bunch of different types of ammo types to try out and am ready to go out and sight in the scopes!
    very nice to see someone asking for advice get some truly nice guns because of the thread! Awesome guns you will have forever and they won't let you down

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The LWRC is lighter thanks the the fluted barrel, that and the handguard is thankfully devoid of all the unneeded pic rail the Sionics rifle has.

As a side note anyone on the fence about the LWRC Di's get one now because in a month when the sale ends they will shoot back up to around $1,400 a pop or so I have been emailing the regional guy from LWRC about this and he confirmed.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    mmmmm :drool:

Some nice looking firearms for sure. And yeah, that Sionics is going to be heavier, especially with that DD quad rail. Just a different set of components. Both extremely high quality.

Top Bottom