• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChicagoZman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Lake County
    You ought to be able to find a new S&W SW9VE or SW40VE in the mid $300s, possibly as low as $299 if you shop around. Not the best range gun, but perfectly acceptable for home defense.

ZWolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    I hear that bersa makes pistols in that price range, and in various calibers.

Might I ask what part of Arkansas you are from?

twisyblackmetal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    I certainly encourage you to get out to some gun shops and see what your hand likes. I think internet purchases of firearms have their place, but only if you know what your hand likes. My personal philosophy is low round capacity or small caliber is not a deal breaker if you can get some practice in. I recall reading an FBI report that most gunfights take place at 12 feet or less and very few shots are fired.
    Just make sure yours go where you want as quickly as you can get them there!

mpitcock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Lafayette
    I agree with twisyblackmetal...get out and touch the weapons. With the physical conditions that you listed you want to make sure the handgun fits your hand and that you are able to safely manipulate it. Also be prepared to practice, practice, practice. If you have a reaction in a high stress situation you need to be able to predict what that will be and still operate the handgun successfully. You do not want to become a statistic where the bad guy takes your gun and uses it against you.

Good luck in your choice...

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Hello everyone, thanks for letting me be part of the community.

I am 42 years old. Grew up in rural Indiana and Arkansas. Been shooting rifles and shotguns since I can remember. However, while I have fired handguns, I am not well versed on them.

I now live in Noblesville. Love the city, but the crime seems to be getting really close.

I want to get a handgun, for the house. I want something with stopping power, but I cannot afford anymore than $300 - $350. I prefer for this gun to be a semi-automatic.

I have found guns in this range, but do not recognize the brands. I want something reliable that I can afford.

I would really appreciate any feedback,

Johnny
    First of all, :welcome: to :ingo: I live in Greenfield, and usually have at least one weekday off, work most all weekends, if you would like, I can take you to a couple of my favorite shops, and show you around a little .... send me a pm, and see if we can get together..... I will WARN you, I am a S&W, NUT !!!!!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    It'd be nice to find a cosmetic issue Smith 19.............again.

Saw one that had been in a drawer for yrs, large blotch on cylinder where bluing was gone. Had some minor dings but nothing major, grips worn. Handled a lot, shot little.

I thought about it too long and somebody else snagged it.

.38 special/.357 mag, adj sights, 4".........pretty comfy for a beginner to learn with.
    Pretty comfy for an experienced person's nightstand too ;)

Top Bottom