• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    The kids watched "Dragonslayer", my selections were "Sniper, and Sniper3". We will be watching "Liberty Kids", a series on the birth of our country. School starts early around here!

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I'm almost through the first season of Rescue Me. I may have seen one or two episodes a couple years ago, but never stuck with it. It's a good show :yesway:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Having watched Knights of Sidonia, Season 1, and waiting for Season 2, I'm now watching Psycho-Pass, another anime I'd never heard of before. In Psycho-Pass, it's 99 years into a very Judge Dreddish future. Instead of "judges", they have "enforcers", and instead of "Lawgivers" (sidearms), they have "Dominators", which can scan a target's psychological make up from a distance to give them a "hue check", which is supposed to be a measure of their propensity for criminal conduct. If your psycho-pass is high enough, an enforcer can put their Dominator into a lethal mode and execute you on the spot, with the blessing of the city's AI police controller/computer, code named Sybil.

The animation is very Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, right down to the buildings, vehicles, artificial body implants, and computer interface overlays on organic vision.

Last edited:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    We have been watching the HBO series "Deadwood" and it's a pretty good western type show. Timothy Olyphant (Justified) plays a great character.

Be warned that you'll waste your time watching it if you're waiting for the finale. They stopped production before the final season, so lots of stuff left hanging.

It's still enjoyable though.

Rooze1986

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 26, 2014
    NWI
    Be warned that you'll waste your time watching it if you're waiting for the finale. They stopped production before the final season, so lots of stuff left hanging.

Nothing pissed me off more than finding out Deadwood stopped after season 3. I was hooked. I almost shy away from starting new series now until they have 3-4 seasons under their belt

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    "An Idiot Abroad" is a hilarious spin on travel shows.

I have been addicted to that...

I have, let's say, an aversion to travel, which is tough because 80% of my in laws live in a FORIEGN COUNTRY!!!!! Anyway some of the in laws and other family members have been trying to get me to watch this and I had no idea why....

Then I watched it and I knew....He is a British version of me and I can not stand Ricky Cervais but the scenes where he calls Carl and is all cackling on the other end of the phone leaves me in stitches....I mean you really get the idea that he is a bit of a sadist and that he and Carl's friendship goes back far enough that he can pull it off...It's one of the best shows on TV and although it's called "An idiot Abroad" to where Carl is supposed to be the idiot you can't help but notice that many of the things Carl points out are kind of...Well Idiotic......

I loved the "Honeymoon Suite" at the Taj Mahal....No other travel show shows you what it is really like within a few blocks of the "Wonders of the World" but this show does......

It reminded me of one of my favorite "Pogues" songs from the 80's......

"USA"

"I came back home
    to the USA...
    An old man said to me..
    And now I know...
    It's the same.....
    Wherever you go."

Chezuki is right...Highly recommended.....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I don't care for them ending it the way they did. Even worse is the lack of good westerns to watch today. That said, Deadwood is worth a watch to see all the once "no name" actors that have shown up all over in TV and movies since then.

Top Bottom