• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    You've got a lot to learn, kid...Red Dawn is a movie you OWN, not rent.;)

:D

BTW, I've seen every movie in that picture except for The Uninvited.

I actually thought Precious was a pretty good movie, but I like her performance in The Blind Side much better.:laugh:
    Red Dawn was the very first DVD I bought when DVD's came out. :D

I have thought about subscribing to Netflix, but seeing as I work like 80 hours a week, and they don't really have :poop: for streaming content yet, I think I'll sit back and wait. It's on my iPad, which would be cool if they had anything good.

I'm not much of a TV watcher anyway.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

I have thought about subscribing to Netflix, but seeing as I work like 80 hours a week, and they don't really have :poop: for streaming content yet, I think I'll sit back and wait. It's on my iPad, which would be cool if they had anything good.

Wow, Red Dawn was on DVD when DVDs first came out? As old as it is, I figured it would have taken awhile for it to get to DVD.

IIRC, Fight Club was my first DVD...Played it on my PS2.

and they don't really have :poop: for streaming content yet

They switch around what they have available to stream...I think it is so you have to at least have some must-see movies get sent to your house, so you don't just have Netflix for a little bit, run out of stuff to watch and cancel.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Wow, Red Dawn was on DVD when DVDs first came out? As old as it is, I figured it would have taken awhile for it to get to DVD.

IIRC, Fight Club was my first DVD...Played it on my PS2.

They switch around what they have available to stream...I think it is so you have to at least have some must-see movies get sent to your house, so you don't just have Netflix for a little bit, run out of stuff to watch and cancel.
    I joined it when they first came out years ago. It was unlimited rentals for like $10 a month or something. Problem was, it wasn't unlimited. They couldn't send them to me fast enough. They told me I was taking too many of them and they would only send a few a month. That's when I canceled and never looked back.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

I joined it when they first came out years ago. It was unlimited rentals for like $10 a month or something. Problem was, it wasn't unlimited. They couldn't send them to me fast enough. They told me I was taking too many of them and they would only send a few a month. That's when I canceled and never looked back.

It sounds like you've looked back at least a little bit! ;)

They don't necessarily have all the best things available for streaming yet, but they do have a pretty decent sized streaming library. I don't have an iPad, but I installed Netflix on a friend's iPad to check it out; it actually looked pretty good. It buffered really fast—faster than it does on my computers.

If you think you wanna try it out again, I can hook you up with a free 1-month trial. Just PM me if you'd like to.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Just watched New Daughter with Keven Costner. The move was not what I expected and a new low for Mr Costner. I rate it a 3 out of 10

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Just watched New Daughter with Keven Costner. The move was not what I expected and a new low for Mr Costner. I rate it a 3 out of 10

Speaking of Costner... I recently watched Silverado (IMDb link) and it has Kevin when he was mucho younger! Can't say the movie is that great. On Netflix, I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars (which is "I liked it", compared to 4 and 5, which are "really liked it" and "loved it" for those who aren't familiar with Netflix's rating scale).

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I just watched Top Sniper. It's 4 one hour episodes, but is really interesting, and gets into a lot of detail about target acquisition and ranging. Really cool stuff.

dvcr8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Set up streaming over the WII a few weeks ago and have been very pleased with it. Currently watching:

Cake Boss
    Future Weapons
    Survivorman

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Mrs. Delmar and I just finished watching the last two seasons of Prison Break on instant steaming. We wacthed the first two seasons when it originally aired, but lost track of it till I found it on Netflix. I also watched the first 4 seasons of Dr Who, the one that started in 2002. It shows that there is a season 5 coming but it must have been off the air for a couple of years because season 4 was listed as 2007.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Speaking of Costner... I recently watched Silverado (IMDb link) and it has Kevin when he was mucho younger! Can't say the movie is that great. On Netflix, I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars (which is "I liked it", compared to 4 and 5, which are "really liked it" and "loved it" for those who aren't familiar with Netflix's rating scale).
    Silverado is one of my favorite westerns. Great cast, very funny!

Top Bottom