• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honsoworld

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2013
    Lafayette
    Hello everyone! I’ve been an avid reader on this site for months, and I think I’ve finally got something worthwhile to share with everybody.

I’m a computer science student at Purdue, and one of my final projects this semester was to develop a mobile app of some sort. Given how hard it is to find ammo these days and how I detest wasted trips to Wal-Mart, I decided to make an app that would track Wal-Mart’s ammunition inventory.

Right now it is tracking over 200 ammo products from 3,600 Wal-Marts nationwide and is able to update availability information once an hour.

You can check out the mobile ready website at
    http://brassbadger.com

Or install the Android app from Google Play.

INGunOwners is the first place to know about this new app. I hope it can be a useful tool for folks!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Installed and works nicely, congrats! And :welcome: to :ingo:.

Just one problem, all the .22lr in Lafayette is solid red. Couldn't you have used a more 'soothing' pastel to give us the bad news? :laugh:

honsoworld

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2013
    Lafayette
    Any plans for an iphone/ipad app version?

Unfortunately I do not have an iPhone to develop with. However, most of the functionality is available from the website. For now, adding a bookmark of the website to your home screen will at least remove some of the browser controls that might get in the way of navigating around the mobile site.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unfortunately I do not have an iPhone to develop with. However, most of the functionality is available from the website. For now, adding a bookmark of the website to your home screen will at least remove some of the browser controls that might get in the way of navigating around the mobile site.

Gotcha! I didn't even think to try it from the web site. Heck of a first post honsoworld. :thumbsup:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Pretty sweet. Could use so UI tweaks to make it easier to read/use, but overall its great. Also are you at the mercy of Walmart to supply price, title, package size (ie 100ct, 20ct), bullet type, etc? Would be nice to see some more uniformity there too.

Top Bottom