• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honsoworld

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2013
    Lafayette
    ...are you at the mercy of Walmart to supply price, title, package size (ie 100ct, 20ct), bullet type, etc? Would be nice to see some more uniformity there too.
    I am at the mercy of Wal-Mart with regards to availability and price information.
    I do see what you mean about title/size/type uniformity. This is definitely something I can make more consistent over time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is very useful. Thanks.

So what kind of stuff do you like to work on. What do you want to do when you graduate?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    How often is it supposed to update, once an hour? I just visited the Walmart on 31 in Greenwood, which is showing WIN USA 9mm ammo in stock, but it was definitely not in the case. Does it track inventory in the back as well?

honsoworld

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2013
    Lafayette
    How often is it supposed to update, once an hour? I just visited the Walmart on 31 in Greenwood, which is showing WIN USA 9mm ammo in stock, but it was definitely not in the case. Does it track inventory in the back as well?
    The app checks inventory information that walmart provides through it's website, mobile app, and other services. From my own experience, I've noticed that it seams to reflect stock as soon as the truck arrives at the store. I have had mixed results with politely asking the sporting goods clerks to check the back room for me. You have to be careful because you don't want to get on their bad side, haha.

I've also noticed that some stores wait to put out ammo until after 7:00am or 9:00am.

I don't claim perfect accuracy, but I think the app provides easy access to the otherwise scattered information walmart provides.

Last edited:

honsoworld

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2013
    Lafayette
    This is very useful. Thanks.

So what kind of stuff do you like to work on. What do you want to do when you graduate?
    I am concentrating in both security and databases/information systems. I like working on small application development projects, web applications, and database management. My ideal job would be an IT Systems Administrator or a Database Administrator for a small to medium sized company.

honsoworld

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2013
    Lafayette
    Nice job.
    Actually the nicest I've seen on the web.

Will you be making a Windows Phone version as well??
    Thanks!

I don't have plans for a Windows Phone version in the near future. Android is much cheaper to develop for, with Windows and Apple both charging steep fees for inclusion in their app stores. I also don't have any Windows Phones or iPhones to develop with.

However, I intentionaly made the mobile website almost identical to the Android app. The main disadvantages of the site over the Android app are less reliable GPS based geolocating and having your mobile browser's navigation bars taking up screen space.

If you don't have an Android device, the website should work well in both mobile and desktop browsers.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The app checks inventory information that walmart provides through it's website, mobile app, and other services. From my own experience, I've noticed that it seams to reflect stock as soon as the truck arrives at the store. I have had mixed results with politely asking the sporting goods clerks to check the back room for me. You have to be careful because you don't want to get on their bad side, haha.

I've also noticed that some stores wait to put out ammo until after 7:00am or 9:00am.

I don't claim perfect accuracy, but I think the app provides easy access to the otherwise scattered information walmart provides.

Thanks for the information and thanks for the app. It may not be "perfect", but it's better than just running to various locations to check stock ;)

Good luck with the career. I'm working in Information Security myself and I love it!

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Thanks for the app.

Went to S. Emerson Beech Grove for 380. They had none and said they did not have any for a good while. Oh well.

While there at noon I saw an ammo can of 1200 rounds of 9mm. $450 approx. Not a good price for target use but there must be something special about it.

Top Bottom