• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I stated before that SIG markets to the Army like they are personal firearms manufactures.

This is what I witnessed.
    1. Free internet provided by SIG at Ft Benning CONUS replacement.

2. Goody bag provided by SIG before you get on plane.

3. Steak dinner in Afghanistan provided by SIG.

4. Buffet provide by SIG upon return to Ft Benning.
    Not what you know but who you pay.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Yup. Sig wins every contract because they schmooze harder than anyone else. This is the reality of arms procurement in the United States.
    I can personally verify that the contractor who served the worst lunch among the three competitors won the contract to provide one hell of a bunch of anti-jam GPS aircraft antennas to the department of defense.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I really don’t see what this does that 308 didn’t already do, plus we already have a lot of it. Maybe generate more money for a defense contractor?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I really don’t see what this does that 308 didn’t already do, plus we already have a lot of it. Maybe generate more money for a defense contractor?
    It’s all a scam perpetrated by the same Military Industrial Complex Dwight D. Eisenhower warned the country at time of his presidency. Too bad the current idiots that run the Pentagon have not heeded this well educated warning.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I thought we were supposed to be getting a more inclusive, feminine army. How does only issuing gigantic battle rifles that kick like mules fit into that?
    Well for one thing... a good chuck of females these days... have a penis.
    Them "ladies" should be able to hump a heavier weapon.

I'd like to know more about that scope with what amounts to a built in ballistic computer.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The military always seems to respond to the last conflict. Looks like this new equipment is designed to stop suicide car bombs at checkpoints. The bananas video was entertaining, but didn't compare the .277 ammo that the military will have in combat. The tester has a great broadcast voice, though!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If this doesn't speak volumes about the military industrial complex, I don't know what does.

The 308 still has impressive results, and after watching that, it's settled.. I need to add a 308 to my stable...
    Like I stated earlier if they load it to 308 specs and not 7.62x51 and a 150-155gr Boat tail match bullet there wouldn't be much difference. Loaded with AP bullets it's going to penetrate just as much as the new over pressured 277.
    Waste of taxpayers money for marginal performance.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Like I stated earlier if they load it to 308 specs and not 7.62x51 and a 150-155gr Boat tail match bullet there wouldn't be much difference. Loaded with AP bullets it's going to penetrate just as much as the new over pressured 277.
    Waste of taxpayers money for marginal performance.
    There is a good chance that the completed .277 Fury round weighs 6 or 7 grams less than the 7.62 x 51. If so, that makes a positive difference in resupply, as well as, the load a grunt has to bear.

Top Bottom