• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    You guys are as bad as the Ruger guys when they introduced the LC9.

This is the hot market space right now. Beretta wants to make money.

Can't blame them at all.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If the trigger is good and it appears to be reliable, all of those other things won't matter.

Can't even speculate on the trigger...

But Beretta has a FANTASTIC long-term reputation for reliability (locking blocks on the older Beretta 92 notwithstanding...)

I'd trust a new-to-market Beretta way before I'd trust a new-to-market Ruger / Taurus / KelTec / etc

That sentiment might burn me, but I figure odds are in my favor.

-J-

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Damnation. One day after I buy a new Tomcat for pocket carry, they come out with this. Who says I don't have timing?

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Does anybody else think that this pistol looks a LOT like the Taurus TCP?

Not that this is a bad thing...I like my TCP and it's been a great pocket-carry pistol for me this summer. But, as someone else above mentioned, a lot of us have been hoping for something that looks like the Tomcat but is chambered in .380, or even 9mm. I just ordered an "Alley Cat" Tomcat, and I'm still excited about that--as a pistol of similar design but in a larger caliber would certainly be larger.

But man, a tip-up 9mm resembling the Tomcat would be sweet. I can see the advantages of thin polymer pistols...again, I think the TCP is excellent, and I used to have a Kahr PM9...but I think that a Tomcat or even a Bobcat feels better in my hand than any of these super-thin pistols do. I don't find the thicker grip to be that much of a disadvantage with respect to concealability.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Damnation. One day after I buy a new Tomcat for pocket carry, they come out with this. Who says I don't have timing?

Love my Tomcat!!!

Remember its Beretta which means its Italia which means they can introduce something next week but for the average guy to actually get one? Could take years.

Trust me. I ride a Moto Guzzi....

ordered one part that had to come from italy and had to wait from july to september because the whole plant is on holiday for the month of august!

Enjoy the Tomcat!

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I read a short article per-announceing it.

It didn't say the name.

But that it was Beretta's 1st striker fired gun.

and Similar in size to the Ruger LC9

RugerLC92.jpg

It didn't tell the price point

or exact delivery time.

:cool:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Love my Tomcat!!!

Remember its Beretta which means its Italia which means they can introduce something next week but for the average guy to actually get one? Could take years.

Trust me. I ride a Moto Guzzi....

ordered one part that had to come from italy and had to wait from july to september because the whole plant is on holiday for the month of august!

Enjoy the Tomcat!

Yeah, I think my Tomcat would be pretty hard to beat. The only advantage to having the Nano would be that 9MM is cheaper than .32 ACP, and it could share ammo with my M9. On the other hand, I think that I like hammer-fired better than striker-fired, and the Tomcat is definitely nicer looking.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I would have to hold one and pull the trigger to decide if I like it. But considering there is no external slide lock I doubt I will consider one. The grip angle doesnt look too good to me either. The first handgun I shot as a kid was a beretta so Im a fan of them, but their last few smaller guns didnt look good or feel good at all.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I could be tempted into one as a smaller alternative to my M&P9c... For when I just don't want to carry my j-frame revolver.

Of course, the small Ruger 9mm pistol might fit that bill, too. Or I could get another Kahr. The Walther PPS is also an option, but man are they expensive. Heavy, too, for no bigger than they are.

But when comparing track records, the on-paper-nod goes to Italy (in my opinion).

I'd really like to handle one!

Top Bottom