New carry rig for the G19, need some input...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Guys, thank you so much for all the advice.

I'm not sure I'm in any better shape now...I'm going to have to buy like seven holsters!!! :laugh:

I still like the Raven. I like the way they stand behind their products.

The "tuckable" holsters...they look like a pain in the butt. Do they REALLY "tuck" away convincingly? Can you still access the weapon quickly? I'm not 100% convinced.

The Milt Sparks Summer rig is the closest to what I already carry, but mine is a Galco. The Milt Sparks product has an "unfinished" or "rawhide" look to it, which I like. My Galco is tanned and finished steerhide, and I find it moved around quite a bit, even when I wear a quality gunbelt...this is why I am looking for a new rig.

I do like IWB...BUT, I tend to dress in such a way that I COULD cover a tightly-holstered OWB pistol with an outer garment rather easily. I usually wear an untucked polo or dickies work shirt over a tee shirt.

I need to look into appendix carry. I have never trained for appendix draw. I have always trained for a 3-4 o'clock draw, right hand. It doesn't get in the way moving in and around vehicles?

Shoot me a PM if you wanna give the crossbreed a run for a couple days to see if you like it.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I have a Dara IWB light-bearing holster and a CompTac M-tac IWB holster for my 19. I wear the Mtac primarily due to its comfort. With that said, I do have a Trex Raptor w/sidecar (AIWB) on order that will probably become my primary holster.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    A lot of people hate them, but I carry my G19 in a Blackhawk SERPA paddle. I really like paddles. I also have an Incog for appendix carry, but if I'm going to sit very much, I don't use it. The end of the gun/holster cuts into my leg. Standing and it's fine. IWB holsters are okay for small of the back, or appendix, but on the hip it's just not comfortable for me. It either pulls my pants too tight or just puts too much pressure on the skin. It's much harder to conceal OWB, but I'll give up a little concealment for comfort.

Cummins513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Lowell
    A lot of people hate them, but I carry my G19 in a Blackhawk SERPA paddle. I really like paddles. I also have an Incog for appendix carry, but if I'm going to sit very much, I don't use it. The end of the gun/holster cuts into my leg. Standing and it's fine. IWB holsters are okay for small of the back, or appendix, but on the hip it's just not comfortable for me. It either pulls my pants too tight or just puts too much pressure on the skin. It's much harder to conceal OWB, but I'll give up a little concealment for comfort.

I also use an Incog to appendix carry my G19, big fan.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I recently started using a G-Code INCOG (the Travis Haley design). I was skeptical when they first hit the market, but now I'm sold.

You can wear it AIWB or all the way to the small of your back. It's tuckable. Instead of having a "kick" on the holster body to angle the grip toward you, the combination struts/clips are angled to the same thing, but do a much better job of it. It's comfy. It takes less belt space than most other IWB holsters with two belt attachments (you can also get it with one). Finally, I've never tried an IWB holster that was as easy to reholster or to get a good firing grip. The last is what sets it apart from all of the others - it's as easy to draw/unholster as an OWB holster.

Edge Works: HSP INCOG IWB Holster System

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    So, INGO, what do you think?

I'm looking for a new carry rig for my Glock 19. I have been carrying in an open leather IWB, but have been considering kydex or similar.

I've seen the Crossbreed, and the Raven Concealment products, but I'm not sold on a plastic holter...I do like how low-profile those holsters are. I like low-visibility. I'm not opposed to OWB...

What are your thoughts, INGO? How are you carrying your G19...dominant hand, "3 O'Clock"?

Have you experienced any wear from the kydex? Noise? Worse than leather?

Haven't seen the N82 Tactical holsters mentioned. They are very comfortable with its soft suede backing that covers the entire grip; works great for me. They even have a new Pro Tandem holster. Check them out at:https://www.n82tactical.com/

Taylor22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Morgan county
    Second the serpa. Easy on, great retention and comfortable. Tried a Alien gear 3.0 IWB and could not get it to be anywhere near as comfortable

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Has anyone ever used any holsters from Cry Havoc? I've been looking at one to wear AIWB for a bit now, but just cant pull the trigger. I have a very slender frame and my supertuck isn't the most comfortable so I'd like to switch it up. Carrying a G23 or 19 so I like the fact I can use for either.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Like so many others I have a box full of holsters that I have used with varying degrees of comfort, concealability. But recently I bought an Alien Gear cloak tuck 3.0 IWB and have never been happier. I really like the neoprene backing for the comfort especially when seated. Most other holsters I have tend to dig into my side after a while and aren't comfortable. I also like having the ability to adjust it to my needs. Oh and it conceals nicely even with a tucked in shirt

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have been very happy with my Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB. It is large enough that it really spreads the weight of my G19 out well. I like it just as well, if not slightly better, than the Comp-Tac MTAC as far as comfort. If it proves to be just as durable, I may favor the Alien Gear over the Comp-Tac.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The ONLY way I carry my G19. Patriot Concealment Systems AIWB.

Did you see that dude in front of you taking your picture? He looks a lot like you!

Did the tactical slippers come with the holster?

What is the part outside of the holster under the grip? Is that to push against your pants to push the grip toward your body?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The Vangard 2 makes a reasonable backup holster and balances well with an IWB mag carrier on the other side of the buckle. Since you holster the gun before clipping to yourself, you are not pointing the gun at yourself to holster.

I wouldn't want to make it my primary everyday holster, but it serves the occasional (better concealment) and backup roles.
    I did break a clip while trying to draw wearing sweats. When a clip breaks you are SOL.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Did you see that dude in front of you taking your picture? He looks a lot like you!

Did the tactical slippers come with the holster?

What is the part outside of the holster under the grip? Is that to push against your pants to push the grip toward your body?

You are correct. It is to push the butt of the gun in. Fricke calls his version a butt tuck adapter. They are starting to become common. I prefer them to the wedge, but my build, or lack of same, has a lot to do with that.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You are correct. It is to push the butt of the gun in. Fricke calls his version a butt tuck adapter. They are starting to become common. I prefer them to the wedge, but my build, or lack of same, has a lot to do with that.

Have you tried the G-Code INCOG yet? The belt struts/clips are angled to push the grip toward you. Pretty cool and it allows the holster to ride higher than others without flopping, which means you can get a better grip easier.

Top Bottom