Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    Just picked this up yesterday.

picture.php
    picture.php

Shot it this morning.......pure 22LR bliss.
    144 rounds of Federal bulk from Walmart.....only 2 FTF early on in the shoot like the 1st and 2nd mags. . Once the mag got broke in a little never had another issue.
    It's a pleasure to shoot.
    I like it!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Looks like a neat piece. Is the slide steel? Does the slide lock back after the last shot? Is it the same weight as a 1911 in .45 ACP? Are the magazines metal? Do you think the trigger feels like a 1911 and is about the same weight? Have you disassembled it? If so, does it have a typical 1911 sear and hammer engagement?

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    Looks like a neat piece. Is the slide steel? Does the slide lock back after the last shot? Is it the same weight as a 1911 in .45 ACP? Are the magazines metal? Do you think the trigger feels like a 1911 and is about the same weight? Have you disassembled it? If so, does it have a typical 1911 sear and hammer engagement?

Geeeeze, are you writing a book ? Just kidding, good questions that everyone needs to know the answers to. :)

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    I also have a Taurus 1911 and a quick fondling of both and I'd say the Colt is 2/3 the weight. Yes the slide holds open after last round.
    These are made by Walther, Umarex imported and Colt stamped. (I know they are are involved I think that is the roles of each company)
    I think the slide is aluminum.
    I'd have to take apart the Taurus and this 22 again to compare other parts. Maybe later. Hope this gives a little more insight.

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I have one too. Mine is the tactical with the rail. It's a blast to shoot. OP, just so you know I've been emailing back and forth with Umarex. Extra mags will not be available til Aug 15th. I'll believe it when I see it though, they also told me they would be out mid May. Then I was told then it would be 4-6 weeks. Then I was told Aug. 15th. LOL. So your guess is as good as mine if they'll be out next month.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have the Sig 1911-22, I'd like to shoot the Sig, GSG, and this Colt side by side for a comparison. The Sig and GSG are comparable in price, what range is the colt?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah, I was joking for the most part, but what I really meant was how does 22 LR compare to your regular old .22? Any noticable difference?

22 LR is what most people refer to when that say .22 these days.

Of course there are other 22 caliber cartridges, including centerfires and rimfires.

Lucion

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Avon
    Is this a new one available in supermarkets now? Who else makes a 1911 in 22? I have been researching for a purchase in the future.

Top Bottom