• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Is this a new one available in supermarkets now? Who else makes a 1911 in 22? I have been researching for a purchase in the future.

GSG makes one and from the reviews here at INGO, looks like they make a pretty good one.

And, I need to shop at the same supermarkets you shop at ;)

Lucion

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Avon
    The GSG is probably what I'll end up with. I've heard all good reviews on it. ATI has a 45cal 1911 too from Shooters Arms, are they and Armscor/RIA all the same company or are there two separate firearms mfgs in the philippines?

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I'm sorry it I missed it in all the post, but is this full size? I would love to have one, but I don't want it if it's not the same size.
    I have a P22 and love the gun, but hate it's smaller scaled down size.

thuber3040

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Yes, and they shoot very nice, but a more realistic recoil is to be had from the gsg version, almost identical in build but the gsg recoils like a .45 1911 and the colt recoils like a 22 pistol, its in the way they did the recoil mechanics.
    Both great little pistols, well made. I just find the gsg to be a closer practice weapon instead of a full 45

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I just picked one of these up today. Seems to be good quality, I'm planning on getting it out to shoot this weekend.

100_3787OL.jpg

100_3794OL.jpg

sandman76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2010
    If any of you guys that do have the new colt 1911-22 and want them to be even better. please let me know i have reworked a few now and the guys are very happy. KOBRA is one of them so just ask him about his. I would be happy to get that done for you

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    sandman is the man. He did a trigger job on mine. Went from 8 lb. to 4.5. he has it running as smooth as silk. I've put 500 rounds thru it with no problems at all.

andrew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Where the fur traders sang
    Is this a new one available in supermarkets now? Who else makes a 1911 in 22? I have been researching for a purchase in the future.

GSG, Colt, Sig, Chiappa, Puma, Kimber, and Browning. Hope that gives you an idea of different makers. So many to choose from.. The Browning and the Kimber are the two more expensive ones, and from what I've heard.. Chiappa is crap.

Lucion

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Avon
    I ended up with the GSG. I have put about 650 rounds through it now with only 1 FTF though it had a primer strike on it. Got the rail on the bottom and I just got a bridge to put a red dot on the top and found extra mags through Copes Distributing. Lovin this great little gun and shot until I was tired of shooting for about $20. I can go through $20 of 45acps in a few minutes.

Top Bottom