• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    :dunno: I dig the 43 the way it is. Would love to shoot up some ammo with a XDS. Deal breaker with that grip safety though.

The thumb safety would be a plus for me for deep conceil. I'm not a fan of the safety on a carry but I would be concealing a 43 if it had one.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'll go ahead and say it I will be first in line to buy one. I was a beta tester for the 365 and was thoroughly disappointed in it as I could not make it through a full magazine without a malfunction. I can't wait for this gun I am so excited, just like I was for the 365, but hopefully this one will run.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'll go ahead and say it I will be first in line to buy one. I was a beta tester for the 365 and was thoroughly disappointed in it as I could not make it through a full magazine without a malfunction. I can't wait for this gun I am so excited, just like I was for the 365, but hopefully this one will run.

Obviously I've been accused of liking Sigs. There's been some problems with a couple of them on this forum and others. I've ran about every model Glock there is without a hiccup. It's a safe bet it will run.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is at least initially gonna be a magazine problem isn't it? You'll be stuck with the three you get and spending Sig magazine sort of money for extras, if you can even find them?

No current Glock G43 mags will work in this new gun correct? Wonder if the current ETS 12 rounders will work? Wider grip makes one question, the same as with all the current aftermarket extensions out there wondering around.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I've had 2 malfunctions in about 422 rds in my p365. My glock 43 has probably 1000 rounds through it with 0 malfunctions. I may have to look into a 43x.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I was getting ready to put my G42 up for sale soon, anyway, but this gives a possibility as to what I might do next. My 43 is my EDC about 80% of the time (Glock 19 is the other 20%). I'll see how it feels in the hand and on the belt. I'd love it if the 43x fits into the same kydex holster as the 43.

Btw, put my 43 in the no malfunctions ever column. I'd say my round count is only around 350, but it has had a wide variety of ammo in it and it eats it all. I'd like to see the 43x with an FDE or even a gray frame.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Shameless plug? :dunno:

I just put one of my G43's up for sale in the classifieds.

A very good deal on a nice gun, ready for carry.

I'm certainly keeping one, as the G43 serves an important role as pocket gun that is a well proven shooter. We'll see about the new one after they've been out a while and proven themselves.

It may be a while, I would have thought we'd be seeing G45's in the classy's by now. Unless I've missed it, there haven't been any have there?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The thumb safety would be a plus for me for deep conceal. I'm not a fan of the safety on a carry but I would be concealing a 43 if it had one.

1. I wish my Sig 365 had a safety: I'm that old-fashioned. :dunno:

I've had 2 malfunctions in about 422 rds in my p365. My glock 43 has probably 1000 rounds through it with 0 malfunctions. I may have to look into a 43x.

2. Same type of profile with both guns for me; Glocks never failed to go bang (42, 43, 26).
    3. I tried to find a CZ that I could carry b/c they have the safety and/or a long D/A first pull (Rami, PCR), but the size/weight of the Sig 365 won out.
    4. Hoping someone will make a similar gun with a safety one day.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

2. Same type of profile with both guns for me; Glocks never failed to go bang (42, 43, 26).
    3. I tried to find a CZ that I could carry b/c they have the safety and/or a long D/A first pull (Rami, PCR), but the size/weight of the Sig 365 won out.

It’s a Taurus but it has a safety...

https://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=929&category=Pistol&toggle=tp&breadcrumbseries=CC1

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It’s a Taurus but it has a safety...<br>
    <a href="https://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=929&amp;category=Pistol&amp;toggle=tp&amp;breadcrumbseries=CC1" target="_blank">https://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=929&amp;category=Pistol&amp;toggle=tp&amp;breadcrumbseries=CC1</a>
    <br>
    <br>
    1. Once burnt: twice shy.<br>
    2. Due to my limited and only experience with a Taurus semi-auto early on (709 Slim, after much research documenting how reliable it was in 1000 rounds) and how the looooong&nbsp; response was from Taurus to fix it (never did, actually), I'll not buy a semi-auto Taurus.<br>
    3. On the other hand, my huge Taurus 990 .22LR shots better than my GP100 Ruger .22LR, which bugs the snot out of me (cost twice as much, but not a better shooter).

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I was reading over on arfcom couple days ago about the 43x and 48. A guy on the board chimed in and stated he got to shoot both already and confirmed they're real

I just went and found that thread. That was the first time since April 2013 and the great PSA BCG debacle (look that one up if you want to see a real pooch screw) that I've read anything on ARFCOM that was outside of the ham radio section. The ham section is a totally different place than the rest of ARFCOM.

All I can say is I'm glad to be back on INGO, that place is a train wreck. It looks like it's only gotten worse from what it was many years ago. Just reading that thread I wanted to reach through the internet and slap several people up side their head through their monitors. I will NEVER venture out of the ham section again.

As far as the new Glocks go, I'll wait until real information is released. If the gun is the same thickness as the 43 and close to the size of the 19 then I'll probably get one to try out. It's one of the guns I've been wanting made for a long time. I like the better handling of a full size gun, but I don't want a thick brick on my hip anymore. Diverticulitis is a ***** when it decides to act up. It's just not comfortable for me to wear something IWB anymore, especially when driving. Think of a cramp in your gut right under your belt and off to the right side that's strong enough to buckle you over every now and then. I have an aunt that has it as well. When I first talked to her about it she described it to me as "10 times worse than any menstrual cramp she's ever had, and these will come and go for roughly 2 weeks, not 3 days. They can be strong enough to make you vomit when they hit.". Yeah, she was right, depending on what you ate that caused it. No more IWB for me. It's enough to crank the belt down tight enough to keep an OWB from sagging. Gun thickness and weight is a concern of mine. Up until the recall it was a PPS M2, until it gets repaired it's a Kahr P9 or a 642. All 3 guns are the minimum gun I will consider leaving the house with, all 3 guns are a compromise in handling. A Glock 48 would be awesome, assuming it works and it's the right size.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I'll just drop this here, good information and valid points:dunno:

Why You Do NOT Need a Safety On Your Concealed Carry Handgun | Prepared Gun Owners

Top Bottom