• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not being overly familiar with Glocks what are the differences between the proposed 43X and 48? Are they going to make both?

If one follows the carry what you shoot best and train/practice with most often would this be the "do everything" pistol? Or is the 19 considered the standard in a pistol that offers home protection, competition prowess and carry ability?

If this holds 10 rounds, could it be an IDPA pistol for those that shoot just to get range time out of their carry firearm?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    seriously? if this is true it shows Glock is not listening to its core. Or it's core has changed. They made a 19x, they should move to the 23x. The two of the most popular models.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    BEST. POST. EVER.

QFT.

1. Thanks! I think I've seen this article before when this is discussed and the points are all well-done from both view points.

0ojjm3xRFMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

:)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    seriously? if this is true it shows Glock is not listening to its core. Or it's core has changed. They made a 19x, they should move to the 23x. The two of the most popular models.

I seriously doubt the 23 is one of their more popular models regarding recent sales...

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This is kind of a bummer...
    While the width is similar to the G43, it is slightly wider to allow for increased round capacity therefore, the G43X and G48 magazines are not interchangeable with the G43.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The G48 is basically the single stack/slim G19 people have been asking for, the slide length and OA height are the same. We'll see if people go for it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The G48 is basically the single stack/slim G19 people have been asking for, the slide length and OA height are the same. We'll see if people go for it.

Do you think the slight reduction in width (0.16") of the 48 makes is a lot more attractive for concealed carry? I have been considering the 19 as a carry gun, training gun, range gun, home protection gun, and gaming gun.

With 10 rounds, I'm okay with the capacity. I'm curious how it would feel in the hand I guess. The trigger reach is shorter on the 48. I'll have to try to see if I like that better or not as much.

Just when you have narrowed your choices down to one or two, they come out with yet another option!:)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Do you think the slight reduction in width (0.16") of the 48 makes is a lot more attractive for concealed carry? I have been considering the 19 as a carry gun, training gun, range gun, home protection gun, and gaming gun.

With 10 rounds, I'm okay with the capacity. I'm curious how it would feel in the hand I guess. The trigger reach is shorter on the 48. I'll have to try to see if I like that better or not as much.

Just when you have narrowed your choices down to one or two, they come out with yet another option!:)

The difference doesn't seem like much but in person and in your hand does feel quite a bit smaller. Also, between this and say a G19 the distance from front to back on the grip is quite a bit smaller as well. There is a lot of wasted space in a G19 grip that doesn't need to be there. I'll be very interested in the 48, it'll be pretty thin but still shootable.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ...the G43, it is slightly wider to allow for increased round capacity therefore, the G43X and G48 magazines are not interchangeable with the G43... :xmad:

https://us.glock.com/a-perfect-fit

I think this will get to be a PIA.

Agreed (also posted this further up). Glock could have taken out the aftermarket for 43 mag extensions in one step had the magazines from the X & 48 been compatible with the 43. I guess there is an engineering reason to make it wider and for this to be necessary, but yeah, definitely a pain, since Glock is known for its double stack mags being compat with the full size, compact, sub compacts of a particular line (i.e. 17, 19, 26). Would have been nice had the 43x, 48 and 43 mags been compatible.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The difference doesn't seem like much but in person and in your hand does feel quite a bit smaller. Also, between this and say a G19 the distance from front to back on the grip is quite a bit smaller as well. There is a lot of wasted space in a G19 grip that doesn't need to be there. I'll be very interested in the 48, it'll be pretty thin but still shootable.

Maybe is won't feel as "brick" like as some people say concerning Glocks. I have never been too crazy about how the Glock fits my hand (hence I have owned most of the other striker fired pistols at one time or another:)), but I could probably get used to it if I stuck with it for awhile.

Do you think the 48 would be adequate for something like a IDPA match if you were just shooting it for fun and practice?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Maybe is won't feel as "brick" like as some people say concerning Glocks. I have never been too crazy about how the Glock fits my hand (hence I have owned most of the other striker fired pistols at one time or another:)), but I could probably get used to it if I stuck with it for awhile.

Do you think the 48 would be adequate for something like a IDPA match if you were just shooting it for fun and practice?

It'd probably be more realistic to use that gun in the match as opposed to what a lot of people use and likely don't really carry.

Top Bottom