• Status
    Not open for further replies.

todkapuz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Carmel, IN
    "10 months of summer and two months to get ready for the next one" (depending where in Texas you came from),
    Welcome! My first thought was "Boy is he going to be rudely awakened the first time it drops to -10 with 2 feet of snow on the ground!" I know I was having come up here from the province of north Texas (Oklahoma)!
    OP: What part of Texas are you from?

Yeah.. I spent all but 4 years in the Houston, TX area ... the last 10 years basically within a mile of Nasa JSC in the "Clear Lake"/Webster area (Southeast of the city).. ... yeah.. freezes.. ice... very rare... I should link the video of the "great ice scare" of this past winter there... but yeah, somehow I got roped into the team to decide if the facility was going to close for the snow ... and I was like "Umm... we would have closed weeks ago at my Houston facility for the 'normal' conditions around here... and you're asking me if we should close?"

A word of warning though, this forum is a BAD influence!! When I joined I was looking for info on restoring grandads old shotgun. Several AKs, ARs, M1s, HD shotguns and pistols later I still haven't restord that old shotgun!:laugh:

I will admit, I suddenly do have a completely unrealistic desire for a NFA weapon... after reading some of the forum posts... kinda scary.

And man, I just did some reading on the 2 TX gun related items that BoR posted (30.06 signs and no 51% concern), and agree, very nice that IN does not have similar.

I guess I am just used to it... at the time made sense... here is this legal sign they HAVE to use if they dont want me to carry on their property... and drinking and guns dont mix.... but I'm still trying to get into the mindset of Indiana's laws...

Welcome! I lived in Round Rock, TX for 3 years and loved all the shooting opportunities and great weather.

That is a nice area... did visit there and Georgetown, TX a lot. But preferred further West in the hill country. Sadly not much work in my field out that way right now. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom