• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've been shooting USPSA and 3-gun since 1994. I've been shooting IDPA since 2003. I still spend plenty of time at the bottom of the results!

Come to the match, be in my squad. We'll have fun and you'll learn stuff you didn't know that you didn't know.

I can't make the 9/23 match as I have relatives in town for the weekend, but I'll take you up on that offer for another one.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Looking at the squads I normally shoot on and the term elitist being applied is comical. But I could see how it could come across that way.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wow what a thread?! Do they allow PCC in IDPA?

Not a serious question. Congrats on the match. Hope everyone enjoys and stays safe.

I know you say not serious but someone will probably not know so!

No PCC No carry optics.

Custom Defensive Pistol CDP 45 Cal 8 rounds in mag (primary 1911 but DA in 45 with 8 rds allowed)
    Enhanced Service Pistol ESP single action I. 9,40,38 super (CZ 75 can be shot SA mode)
    Revolver 6 round

Stock Service Piston SSP DAO DA/SA or Striker. 10 round in mags.

All but revolver can normally start with plus one at the stage (unless specified in stage description)

There are sometimes side matches with BUG back up guns but they are generally limited to 5 or 6 rounds and no reloads

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow what a thread?! Do they allow PCC in IDPA?

Not a serious question. Congrats on the match. Hope everyone enjoys and stays safe.

As of May 2017, yes. RULES: APPENDIX B - (PCC) PISTOL CALIBER CARBINE DIVISION

I've never been at an IDPA club that had PCC during the regular IDPA match, though.

Curiously, they allow (unless otherwise directed in the stage description), loading magazines to 30 rounds in PCC. That's a refreshing surprise. They would be well served to all allowed firearms to load to the capacity of their standard magazines, but I don't see that ever happening.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    As of May 2017, yes. RULES: APPENDIX B - (PCC) PISTOL CALIBER CARBINE DIVISION

I've never been at an IDPA club that had PCC during the regular IDPA match, though.

Curiously, they allow (unless otherwise directed in the stage description), loading magazines to 30 rounds in PCC. That's a refreshing surprise. They would be well served to all allowed firearms to load to the capacity of their standard magazines, but I don't see that ever happening.

It has to be a little tough to conceal those PCCs. Maybe someone will start making a lightweight trench coat with a stiffener running the full length of the seam.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It has to be a little tough to conceal those PCCs. Maybe someone will start making a lightweight trench coat with a stiffener running the full length of the seam.

HAH!

Well, it's tough for some people. Not everyone can pull off an M1 Garand in an IWB holster like I can.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I'm glad to hear IDPA is coming to Riley (or maybe "returning"). Never shot IDPA before but looking forward to it. I'm sure I will get a chance to earn some penalties my first time out. Is there an open class?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm glad to hear IDPA is coming to Riley (or maybe "returning"). Never shot IDPA before but looking forward to it. I'm sure I will get a chance to earn some penalties my first time out. Is there an open class?

Open as in with optic etc?. No. Just basic carry guns in nornal carry configuration.

There are certian classified as Marksman, Sharpshooter etc (like USPSA D,C GM etc)

The stages aren't too complex just trying to get it started but everyone should have fun.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm guessing we are getting towards the end of the season and not many matches will be held before Winter sets in, but I am interested in shooting IDPA and would come to these matches. Riley is not that far for me.

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    I agree with the come try comments. I have shot IDPA twice at Wildcat and once at Atlanta both were fun and I enjoyed my squads. Yes, there are a few (#@!$%^&) in every sport but they are far and away the minority.

I like the comment about learning by doing as well. Don't worry about getting good enough to try come try and get good enough (as long as you are safe and listen to instructions).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom