• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I haven't got on the "I hate the new rules bandwagon" but the addition of this gets me real close:
    8.1.7.5. [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Disconnecting or disabling of any safety device including (but not limited to): manual safeties, grip safeties, firing pin, striker, and hammer blocking safeties, 1911 series 80 firing pin safeties, 1911 Swartz safeties. 1911 series 80 frames may be used with series 70 slides or vice versa. Revolver actions may not be modified so that the hammer can fall when the cylinder is open. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Plus, evidently they are "considering" how to go about putting a hardcopy in the memberships hands:rolleyes: Looks like we'll just be downloading and printing. Guess my dues don't reach that far:n00b:
    [/FONT]

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    "3.10 I will always be a champion for IDPA and promote IDPA in the best light possible."

Don't know what you are complaining about, as long as you aren't an s.o. you are still allowed to have your own opinions and to enjoy the first amendment.

I'm going to completely ignore a pile of the new rules or else just quit trying to help with the s.o. stuff. The baloney about forcing folks to join after just one shoot and telling clubs not to let them know their classifier scores until IDPA says they are paid up does not belong in the USA.

In my humble opinion :)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    ok, I'm perusing the new rule book and don't see too many changes from the initial proposed book. I have read some people talking about flat-footed reloads...I haven't hit anything like that yet. Anybody know what they are talking about?

So far I haven't seen too much that will make me mad...so far. There seems to be some big buzz about it but I haven't heard much other than TJ's specific mention and the BS that is rule about joining IDPA after your first match.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Here's what's got everyone upset about the flat footed reloads. The trade-off is that you can reload in the open, which got us out of revolver neutral stages, but no more moving reloads behind cover. It's a none issue to me personally, but some guys are leaving IDPA because of it:

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]If the shooter runs the firearm empty behind cover, the shooter may not advance in the stage, (move toward the next shooting position) until the weapon is deemed loaded.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]3.9.2. [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]When performing a Loaded Cylinder/Loaded Chamber reload, the shooter may not advance in the stage (move toward the next shooting position) until the weapon is deemed loaded.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    That has been a rule since IDPA began, nothing new there. There's the difference between for-profit (IDPA) and not-for-profit (USPSA).

-rvb

and with that casting of aspersions, you are preemptively DQed from any IDPA match for violation of Rule 3.10. :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Here's what's got everyone upset about the flat footed reloads. The trade-off is that you can reload in the open, which got us out of revolver neutral stages, but no more moving reloads behind cover. It's a none issue to me personally, but some guys are leaving IDPA because of it:

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]If the shooter runs the firearm empty behind cover, the shooter may not advance in the stage, (move toward the next shooting position) until the weapon is deemed loaded.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]3.9.2. [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]When performing a Loaded Cylinder/Loaded Chamber reload, the shooter may not advance in the stage (move toward the next shooting position) until the weapon is deemed loaded.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

why am I not seeing this in the .pdf I am looking at? Do I have the dumbs today?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    why am I not seeing this in the .pdf I am looking at? Do I have the dumbs today?

Not going to touch that last question :).

At the end of the regular rules they start the 'match administration handbook' which has more rules but is separate because not everybody needs to know all the rules ? :n00b: ? That is where you will find it.

There is also stuff about a dress code for s.o.'s (I'm not makin this stuff up folks) . I'm not sure who decides upon appropriate dress and what the penalty schedule looks like (3 seconds for unsightly nose hair and an ftdr for butt crack?) , but if it keeps you and TJ from declaring another 'thong saturday' then I guess I'm all for it.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    but if it keeps you and TJ from declaring another 'thong saturday' then I guess I'm all for it.

We do have a match coming up--and we could get this in before the new rules:rockwoot:I might just run ESP in that match and take up Brad's squad. I bet I could beat him easily if he was blind.

Gotta confess, I haven't read any portion of the rulebook except the equipment sections and the standing reload section. From what you've been posting, I don't think I can handle reading the SO section, at least not today:n00b:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Not going to touch that last question :).

At the end of the regular rules they start the 'match administration handbook' which has more rules but is separate because not everybody needs to know all the rules ? :n00b: ? That is where you will find it.

There is also stuff about a dress code for s.o.'s (I'm not makin this stuff up folks) . I'm not sure who decides upon appropriate dress and what the penalty schedule looks like (3 seconds for unsightly nose hair and an ftdr for butt crack?) , but if it keeps you and TJ from declaring another 'thong saturday' then I guess I'm all for it.

That must be in. I know I scrolled down through the numbers and didn't see that. I kept wondering what they heck was up...now it makes sense. I didn't catch the part about SO dress code...

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    That must be in. I know I scrolled down through the numbers and didn't see that. I kept wondering what they heck was up...now it makes sense. I didn't catch the part about SO dress code...

I think you still might pass.

picture.php

Top Bottom