• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Don't get me wrong, I like the NRA and everything they stand for. But why do I get renewal notices six months before my membership runs out? I got one yesterday and my membership is good until August.
    Every organization I have ever belonged to does that -- AOPA, EAA, SSA, AAA, etc.. Not sure why, but it seems pretty universal.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yup - got my packet finally Friday. Took about two months, but I've got it and 300 bucks is a great deal.

good to know. I was thinking I haven't gotten anything showing I am good to go for lifetime membership. I signed up at the 'last minute' on Feb 28th when I thought it was about to end. Regardless...I'll wait until Mid-May to get worried. They charged my card...so I better be a lifetime member!

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    I joined (Life member) on the 6th of March, got a voting packet for choosing directors about two weeks later. My member number was on the address label. I got my first magazine issue last week.

LGDawg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indy
    I finally got my packet a few weeks ago. I would say it took about 2 months. I did get the voting packet and magazine before my actual membership packet arrived.

dbrobins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Fishers, IN
    They do this every now and then through various approaches - I got my $300 life membership a few years ago through my wife's grandfather, also a life member, sponsoring me for it. Definitely don't pay $1k for it.

I'd just renewed for a year, too, at the time (the range I belonged to, in Washington state at the time, required membership), so I wanted to get that refunded. I called the NRA and they said they couldn't refund it but I could do a charge back through my credit card (their idea). I did that, and it worked fine.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I did the $300 life upgrade on 2/29 and got my packet today. And included a survey and wanting me to spend $300 more to make a family member a lifetimer as well. Guess they are still doing the offer.

Just read a piece on Townhall that La Pierre announced 5 million members strong now at the end of the Shot Show. That's a lot of political clout.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Initial sign-up for $300 life membership (not an upgrade or renewal) on March 6. Got my packet on Saturday. Two days shy of 8 weeks. Decal looks good on my truck.

Top Bottom