• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What would it take to get to this point though? Shy of world ending catastrophe, i can't imagine this happening. Covid19 had a ways to go to push us there.
    Not saying it isn't possible or that we're shouldn't be prepared, but it would take a lot to get there. Then again, im the complete opposite of an expert.

The internet is not as robust as you think.
    A 15 year old caused a s..tshtorm before in the usa.

https://www.npr.org/sections/alltec...boy-the-bratty-kid-who-took-down-the-internet

I cant find the Senate hearing ffomnback in the 2000s where a hacker testified that the internet could be brought down in 12mins via his methods. And those are software attacks.

If you want to be more evil you cut the physcial cables on the east and west coast and now the internet becomes fractured even more.

Or you hit the 7 major DNS sites around the world to manage the redirectis for the internet. For example when you type www.yahoo.comm one of those 7 sites transfer that text to the actual ip address assigned to yahoo which is a 209.191.88.254.

Knock those out and unless you know the IP address u wont be getting anythkng.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The internet, infrastructure and cloud companies are what's keeping things rolling as well as can be expected currently. If what you predict, happens the storm that would come out of it would be a catastrophe.

We've already seen it, both in the US and around the world, as a method of quashing social unrest.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/BART-admits-halting-cell-service-to-stop-protests-2335114.php

If people start seriously agitating against government overreach, measures are going to be taken. People are mostly grumbling and complying right now, even doing the state's work for them by attacking and shaming people who aren't complying. But what happens when 60% of the population is out of work and we've all been trapped inside for six months while the government is out there remaking everything in our absence?

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Well look at it this way, “now the unprepared liberals can’t get the equipment we already have”! :cool:
    This is a terrible viewpoint.

I came of age during the shortage of 2012. Plenty of things I simply wanted to buy but couldn't yet. Many 18 (or now, 21 yo) people who want to exercise their rights and have no say over being required to wait. Yes, even in NJ there are legitimate 2A supporters.

And I know it was likely a joke, just thought I'd throw another viewpoint in.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So, with the stroke of a pen, the NJ governor just put most of the local gun shops in the state out of business. Unless those shops can keep going by selling accessories and ammunition, they are not going to be around very long.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    So, with the stroke of a pen, the NJ governor just put most of the local gun shops in the state out of business. Unless those shops can keep going by selling accessories and ammunition, they are not going to be around very long.

It's jersey, when the gun shops figure out who to pay, gauleiter murphy or whoever, they can get back in business.

Top Bottom