• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    While I see that they have to investigate to see if a claim is false or true....
    They wouldn't have to investigate if someone called and said they saw a picture of the kid watching TV.
    Or a kid sitting in a car.
    or a lot of other scenarios.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    While I see that they have to investigate to see if a claim is false or true....
    They wouldn't have to investigate if someone called and said they saw a picture of the kid watching TV.
    Or a kid sitting in a car.
    or a lot of other scenarios.
    They just wanted to see if the kid was holding an unregistered gun. That's all.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I see lots of kids on tv holding guns.
    I was given a .22 when I was 5 or 6, not sure and allowed to go shoot rabbits, pigeons, rats, stray cats, lol. All on my own. While I wouldn't ever allow this with my own children (unsupervised), it does amaze me how fast things have changed In such a short time. And why do we need 20 cops showing up for this one instance?
    I remember old time cops being proud they never had to draw or fire their weapon on duty. Now I think it's draw first ask questions later in some departments.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Can't express how important it is to teach your wife and kids about who to open the door for and what to tell them from behind it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I just posted these on Facebook- will be adding more later:

37392_1461505852032_1125566_n.jpg

37392_1461505772030_1293756_n.jpg

542463_3712836653895_1048997834_n.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, they'll be no danger to me and my family though. These pictures involve a Marlin 60, Single Six, and a J.C. Higgins bolt gun, respectively, not the evil assault M&P 15-22 in the New Jersey pic.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Well, they'll be no danger to me and my family though. These pictures involve a Marlin 60, Single Six, and a J.C. Higgins bolt gun, respectively, not the evil assault M&P 15-22 in the New Jersey pic.

When I was in high school, I asked about a pellet gun I saw at a 5&10 near the Jersey shore. The clerk asked if I had a FOID card, that I needed one to even *touch* the Crosman rifle. Jersey is nuts.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have a dumb question: Has the super troopers returned with a warrant, to what extent would the property owner be required to cooperate? Would he be required merely to allow access to the property, or to actively assist in such ways as unlocking a safe, as opposed to simply declaring 'there it is' and walking away?

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    sad..... :( I get bashed by some LEO's here for my comments ....Don't trust the police ...and know your rights.... a couple weeks ago here....if this story don't prove my point nothing will........:yesway: This family broke no laws ......:patriot: BTW schools are now asking kids if they shoot use guns ...if daddy or mommy have guns ....and profile kids as possible threats and inform police and all state agency's with profiles ....under the vial of looking for possible future school shooters...:rolleyes:

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I'm confused was this over a picture or someone saw a child (unsupervised) outside with a firearm?
    I would question a minor with a firearm unsupervised. What would a warrant read if it would have been issued?

It appears during this political climate, our officials are forgetting they are simply public servants.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have a dumb question: Has the super troopers returned with a warrant, to what extent would the property owner be required to cooperate? Would he be required merely to allow access to the property, or to actively assist in such ways as unlocking a safe, as opposed to simply declaring 'there it is' and walking away?

If they have a warrant, you don't have to unlock your door for them. But if you don't, they can kick it in. If they have a warrant to search your safe, you don't have to open it for them, but they can drill it if you don't.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm confused was this over a picture or someone saw a child (unsupervised) outside with a firearm?
    I would question a minor with a firearm unsupervised. What would a warrant read if it would have been issued?

It appears during this political climate, our officials are forgetting they are simply public servants.

It's New Jersey. They lean very left. Not all. But as a group.

Top Bottom