• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    This looks pretty cool. Hopefully, they are good out-of-box and don't enter the market with many startup issues. I'm looking forward to some pics of size comparisons with other common small guns.

17.2 oz., six shot magazine standard with a eight shot coming, 2.7" barrel.

Kimber Solo Carry Handgun

SOLO-Intro-Flyer.jpg

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Wow that one was not even on my radar! Looks to be a VERY good small 9mm option. If it is reliable with no issues this may be my new BUG! 1911 controls and ergos, Mustang/P238 size in 9mm. NO PLASTIC!! Kimber quality. Lines remind me of the 1903/1908 Colt.

Specs from Kimber: 3 oz lighter than the new Sig P290, same weight as Ruger LC9 but 1/2 shorter in both dimesions.
    solocarry.png

BTW as a fellow P7 cult member much respect to your signature!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Interesting... I was thinking that it might be a contender in the Kahr space. I like the basic dimensions. Only drawback appears to be the width...1.2 is a bit thick in that class of weapon. Still would be curious to see how it acts.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Hope this non-1911 fares better than their KPD...

kpd.jpg

Also, the title of the thread is a bit misleading; neither of the Solo Carry variants uses any polymer. :dunno:

Last edited:

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That looks so interesting, but it is a bit thick, I think, for comfortable pocket carry. If anyone finds one locally, please post. Thanks.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    We should have one next week. Kimber contacted all their dealers about three weeks ago and told them they would be shipping a new gun to us but they could not tell us what it was. The idea from what I gathered is they are trying to ship one to each Kimber Master dealer so that the dealer can show it off. We will post pictures on facebook once we have it.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    It looks to be the right size for pocket carry but it is too thick. Isn't that as thick as a glock? Most pocket carry guns are around .9". This one is a full 33% thicker. I need bigger pantss

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    I got to hold one at Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka, IN. I liked how it felt in the hand. Sadly, I could not make the mag drop easily when pressing the mag release. I know I was doing it wrong but I don't feel it should be so complicated. Probably not pressing hard enough. I'd be interested in seeing how it did on the range. Mentioned price was 699.

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I'm interested. Would be a nice backup carry gun from my Kimber Pro Carry. About time more effort was put into a 9mm instead of the .380 hype. I'm tired of all the polymer frame sub compacts so its nice to see someone release one with a metal frame.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Apparently, a few of these got out before the show. A new owner, checking in on Firing Line, said he has already sent it back, too many FTFs. Wow!

While it is wider and longer than Kahr's PM, I, too, like the idea of all metal vs. poly. But, I've already learned by jumping on a "new" bandwagon once, not to do that until they work out the kinks.

And there is something going on with Kahr's pricing; perhaps due to their newest CM9. You can now get any model CW from Bud's for $366! And that includes shipping!! That is almost $100 less than I paid for my CW9 last year.

It looks as though 2011 is going to be the year of the mini 9mm. Might be a good time to just sit back and wait until the dust settles.:twocents:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    There's a one at Pop Guns right now. I don't think it's for sale, but still there none the less. Looks like a nice carry weapon.

Top Bottom