• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    None of them are exempt. They are just telling people that. IF it comes to a lawsuit the steel mill is going to loose. Of course that doesnt mean that they cant fire you for parting your hair in an offensive manner.

ajb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Our shop rules say "no weapons on company property". when asked about the new law they said that state law overrides any shop rules.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Members of collective bargaining units may have different employment and termination rights and procedures. You may not just be terminated out of hand for a trumped up "search" of your vehicle. I wasn't really concerned about it until my employer put a sign on the door saying "No firearms on the premises". I suspect this may have come from corporate, as many fellow employees hunt before and after work. If I wasn't concerned about termination, I would have been content with "don't ask, don't tell" policy in regard to firearms, as long as the employer doesn't ask. But when they want to reserve that right, then I want the protection of the law.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rather than make a new thread out of this question, I figure this is an appropriate place to ask... and it's probably a pretty quick answer. How hot is too hot for leaving a gun in the car glove box? Can too much heat damage the gun or cause any problems?

... other than strapping it on and grazing my arm against the slide... which is approx. 500 degrees. :P

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    bluff

my company just posted their rules for keeping your firearm in your vehicle. it states in part, that you have to notify them if you intend to keep a firearm in your vehicle. you have to provide them with the description of the firearm and possible the serial number. you will also according to them pay the company a $100.00 fee to help offset their higher insureance rates. Does the compay have the right to demand these stipulations? or are they just trying to bluff people into not have a firearm on company property. I think there were other stipulations but can't think of them all right now.

Thanks

All Bluff!

As an insurance guy, I don't care what your employees keep in the car.......

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Rather than make a new thread out of this question, I figure this is an appropriate place to ask... and it's probably a pretty quick answer. How hot is too hot for leaving a gun in the car glove box? Can too much heat damage the gun or cause any problems?

... other than strapping it on and grazing my arm against the slide... which is approx. 500 degrees. :P

Heat shouldnt be to much of an issue. Remember that it is designed to contain massive amounts of heat and pressure. The heat from your glove box is nothing in comparison.

(Someone please do correct me if I am wrong)

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    From what I heard you are legally to bring a gun on company property but the company can set standards like where the gun is kept and if it is locked and blah blah blah. My company sent out a memo on this a week before it was passed. It basically you had to keep the gun unloaded and ammunition separated and both gun and ammo in locked box or something secured to the inside of your car and also kept out of sight and a trigger lock also had to be installed. It also said you cant unload or load you r gun on the property......well you see where I am going. If you followed those guidelines your gun is basically useless sonce it would take a few minutes to get to it anyway. I for one just make sure make sure the mag is separate as in beside the gun and the gun locked in glovebox. It seriously is great this passed.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    From what I heard you are legally to bring a gun on company property but the company can set standards like where the gun is kept and if it is locked and blah blah blah. My company sent out a memo on this a week before it was passed. It basically you had to keep the gun unloaded and ammunition separated and both gun and ammo in locked box or something secured to the inside of your car and also kept out of sight and a trigger lock also had to be installed. It also said you cant unload or load you r gun on the property......well you see where I am going. If you followed those guidelines your gun is basically useless sonce it would take a few minutes to get to it anyway. I for one just make sure make sure the mag is separate as in beside the gun and the gun locked in glovebox. It seriously is great this passed.
    The law does not allow them that kind of leeway. You can have ammo in it and store it anywhere you wish in your vehicle.

Top Bottom