Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    For entertainment value only.
    This looks like the place to post this.

Just reading some reviews about the new movie, due to be released in early April. It’s about a civil war in modern America. Has a three term presidency, and the FBI has been dissolved. Looks like it could be of interest to people that are preparedness minded.

Not advocating for such a thing, just pointing out a film that I think will be of interest.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I'm really curious who they make out to be the bad guys. Although, being a Hollywood movie, I should probably just assume the conservative types will be the bad guys.
    Looks like they filmed it down south Ga. Or Al. But I’m sure there is a Hollywood connection somewhere. Got a few big names, and rotten tomatoes gives it a good rateing

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    FYI

Well if The Guardian is unhappy that the movie doesn't club you over the head with "THIS! IS! WHAT! MAGA! WANTS! TO! DO! TO! AMERICA!" every five minutes, that's probably a good sign.

The general tone of first wave reviews has been that the movie tries hard to avoid any ideological message beyond "war happening in your home is a bad thing".

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Well if The Guardian is unhappy that the movie doesn't club you over the head with "THIS! IS! WHAT! MAGA! WANTS! TO! DO! TO! AMERICA!" every five minutes, that's probably a good sign.

The general tone of first wave reviews has been that the movie tries hard to avoid any ideological message beyond "war happening in your home is a bad thing".
    I’m unfamiliar with The Guardian, it was just the first review I found when I went back to find a review to post a link to. I initially looked it up after seeing the add on tv. Just thought it would be of interest to prep. minded people.

I like the genre myself, One Second After, Soldier, etc.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I’m unfamiliar with The Guardian, it was just the first review I found when I went back to find a review to post a link to. I initially looked it up after seeing the add on tv. Just thought it would be of interest to prep. minded people.

I like the genre myself, One Second After, Soldier, etc.
    They are as woke as it gets.

Reactions: Mij
    Top Bottom