• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    This is definitely a photo-journalists go on a road trip through war zones movie. I enjoyed it for what it was. The interplay between veteran and newbie photographer, as well as the loss of naiveté for the newbie was a good story. The cinematography of the film was a marvel. There are several songs on the soundtrack that I'll be looking up.

Now that I've seen the movie, it's interesting the amount of projection pundits and critics put on this film.

Easy to criticize the movie for what it wasn't, it wasn't a war movie. I liked the lack of clear political lines or explanation of how things got to where they are in the start of the movie. Could have been a very heavy handed political messaged movie. That could have turned me off to even seeing the movie.

DinklebergFM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2024
    Indianapolis
    My 2 Cents:

Movie was actually pretty good and had a premise that distanced itself from political motivation.

Conflict photojournalists traveling through a civil war in their home country to document and report on the war. Neither sides or sides are depicted as the bad guy. It’s more so a story of someone whose seen the horrors of conflict guiding a newbie in that world and trying to keep her from getting hurt.

The most politically charged it ever really gets is the footage that has no audio during the beginning is very much from the mass riots a few years ago ID’d from the guy taking that other gents AR from his hands. And at that the footage is used to make some filler that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to produce.

Overall good film would recommend if you like the premise.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I saw it with the wife over the weekend. I thought it was OK but IMO for the $50 price tag including popcorn, it would be worth the wait for it to end up on a streaming service.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I saw it with the wife over the weekend. I thought it was OK but IMO for the $50 price tag including popcorn, it would be worth the wait for it to end up on a streaming service.
    Dude, you gotta go for weekend matinees. $6.50 and if you're a Goodrich rewards member you get free drink every other or free popcorn every 3rd.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Dude, you gotta go for weekend matinees. $6.50 and if you're a Goodrich rewards member you get free drink every other or free popcorn every 3rd.

Yeah, that was on me. I asked her the day before (Fri) if she wanted to go see it the next day, got sidetracked all day Saturday and then about 7:30 she says "Weren't you taking me to the movies?". No way I was backing out of that one.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Spoiler alert skip if you have not seen it.

The young journalist (Jessy) maybe was not as hardcore in the beginning of the film as the veteran (Lee). at the end when she puts herself again in harms way before the president is taken out and gets all the photos of it alone. Did anyone else think that maybe she was a little evil and knew lees motherly instincts would take over to save her and get shot. Leaving Jessy to be the only photographer left to take the money shot pictures.

Could be my evil nature and my conspiracy theory upbringing but maybe as Jessy became more and more a thrill seeker she also became a bit more well evil.

I might be the only one who think this as my wife and daughter did not think this until I said something. The wife said no. The daughter think maybe Jessie was hoping all along that the others would get done in before the end leaving her to get the photos. This only after I said something.

And I am now always asking "what kind of American are you?" And red shooting glasses have been ordered.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Those weren’t shooting glasses. And that scene was pretty intense.

I think Jesse got reckless trying to emulate her mentor. By the end of the film, she had an unfounded confidence in her monkey see monkey do. Putting her off leash was a miscalculation on the guys part. But he was busy.

I don’t think there was any intent other than to get the shot.

Top Bottom