• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    honestly wouldnt think this many people would get their panties in a twist over what someone else decides to do to their bodies.

but then again... the world did collapse since we got sunday alcohol sales

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Unless that law is gun related - then we applaud when LEO's get selective.

I have much less of a problem with selective, discretionary enforcement on either firearms or pot related law than I do announcing an official policy of non-enforcement.

Bet you're ok with alcohol being legal though :dunno:

My support of alcohol being legal is largely due to the dearth of alcoholics extolling the virtues of drinking alcohol.

I generally support the legalization of pot with a few caveats but that support in inversely proportional to my exposure to potheads extolling the virtues of marijuana. After a rather short amount of exposure my support wanes dramatically and if it persists I start coming around to the more hardcore Middle Eastern views on intoxication.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I have much less of a problem with selective, discretionary enforcement on either firearms or pot related law than I do announcing an official policy of non-enforcement.

My support of alcohol being legal is largely due to the dearth of alcoholics extolling the virtues of drinking alcohol.

I generally support the legalization of pot with a few caveats but that support in inversely proportional to my exposure to potheads extolling the virtues of marijuana. After a rather short amount of exposure my support wanes dramatically and if it persists I start coming around to the more hardcore Middle Eastern views on intoxication.

Do you feel that way about religion and medicine or is it just mj and booze?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts

Eh, I get where you're coming from because yeah, stoners are indeed annoying but that's in part because many of them have built their entire personality around weed. Like everything else, it should be taken in moderation (except guns :rockwoot:). There are scores of people who use it just like alcohol to relax and take the edge off life or loosen up have fun on occasion. Also, my comment was mostly directed at the OP.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    For some reason, I have a hard time referring to the town in which I reside as Indianapolis or Indy. I'm not big into slang or nicknames but the drama here has really been tipping the scales for quite some time now-Today marking the decriminalizing of weed up to an once:rolleyes:, I'm proposing a new name for our once beloved city. So far I've got....

stonerapolis
    druggyapolis
    ****headapolis
    dontgothereapolis
    ****offapolis
    deadbeatapolis

the city that always reeks
    city of brotherly stupidity
    city of never-ending sewage
    city of the simple minded.......

have fun adding to our list:):

It's not decriminalized. The prosecutor isn't going to prosecute for posession or a little bit of it. If the police see a blunt in the ashtray, it's still illegal, and they'll search your car. And they can still charge you.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Do you feel that way about religion and medicine or is it just mj and booze?

This is a perfect example of the kind of comments that turn me against radical, proselytizing potheads. Comparing pot use to religion, medicine, or even alcohol use becomes silly pretty quickly with even a shallow examination of the subject matter. Marijuana has some legitimate medicinal uses which I support 100% unequivocally, however, that is rarely the topic of discussion. The usual topic of discussion and the one at hand, is the recreational use of marijuana, which is more accurately compared to the abuse of medicine than the proper use of it. Self medicating is not real medical treatment.

Comparing alcohol use to pot use has a little more validity but still misses the mark. The accurate comparison is the comparison of using alcohol to the point of intoxication/impairment (ie. abuse) to recreational pot use. Although alcohol can be and often is abused, the difference is that it can also be used without abuse and without the sole purpose being intoxication. That is not the case with pot, unless you want to seriously try to make the case that pot users are satisfied stopping before being intoxicated/impaired, that certain types of marijuana go well when paired with meals or that it is added to edibles to improve the taste of the edibles. I'm sure that argument would be amusing. To be absolutely clear, I have no problem with either mild alcohol abuse or recreational pot use provided either are done at least somewhat responsibly and in at least some moderation.

Lastly, there is the comparison to religion which again has a small bit of validity but only in the comparison of religious zealots to the more radical potheads. Zealots of both types are often counter productive to their causes but at least with religion, the belief and dedication to something bigger than themselves, is understandable at least if not commendable, despite their sometimes misguided and usually counterproductive efforts. The radical pothead is dedicated to what exactly? Getting high? Seems a rather base and devaluing way to live but again that is their choice and I support the right to make that choice, just spare me the BS about it.

Eh, I get where you're coming from because yeah, stoners are indeed annoying but that's in part because many of them have built their entire personality around weed. Like everything else, it should be taken in moderation (except guns :rockwoot:). There are scores of people who use it just like alcohol to relax and take the edge off life or loosen up have fun on occasion. Also, my comment was mostly directed at the OP.

To be clear, I generally find the average stoner to be less annoying than drunks but yeah, when as you said, they've built their entire personality around weed, they do tend to trend to the more annoying side. I agree moderation is the key, as it is with almost everything in life, guns excluded of course. It's the dose that makes the poison. I have zero problem with people using pot as long as it doesn't affect me or anyone else in any way. I think it should be legal, though would prefer that legalization come in the form of a law change instead of a pandering DA for everyone's sake. My problems are with the methods not the goal.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I feel like perhaps you missed my point.
    This is very well be my fault.

I had a longer post in mind to explain myself. But I opted to scrap it.

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Bet you're ok with alcohol being legal though :dunno:
    I'm OK with it being legal but disagree with it being so easily accessible. I think any hard liquor should be available only at liquor stores and those locations should be restricted more. Also, there needs to be an open container law. And for God's sake get rid of the damn pedal bar:bash:

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'm OK with it being legal but disagree with it being so easily accessible. I think any hard liquor should be available only at liquor stores and those locations should be restricted more. Also, there needs to be an open container law. And for God's sake get rid of the damn pedal bar:bash:

Wow, you just want the gov to regulate everything around you.

Your sky is falling views are no diff than folks crying for scary gun restrictions and such.

Top Bottom