• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    2 ejection failures at Warsaw today in the first 3 stages. Borrowed another G34 for the last 3 stages and no problems with that gun. ordering new sights for my G19 and I'll be shooting that gun at the IN section match. Now I just need to choose which river the 34 gets tossed into.

-rvb

New Sevigny carry sights are on the G19. I put in an extended mag release just for the state match. Otherwise I'll be competing w/ it how I carry it. I'm still apprehensive about it since it has fewer rounds through it than what the G34s have had when they start showing signs of trouble... but so far it hasn't malfunctioned.

I have not yet contacted Glock about this replacement gun. I did install a new Gen 4 ejector. I have not yet tried it. It's shaped quite a bit different. I consider it a bandaid to whatever glock's real problem is since the gen 3s ran for years with the 336 ejectors.

Here are a couple of vids from Warsaw showing the same types of malfunctions I had with the previous G34. The second vid is hard to see the malfunction since my back is to the camera.

-rvb

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGHJXFSLL8Q[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfaAshwkVH8[/ame]

Freeborn Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Memphis, IN
    I just installed a Lone Wolf extractor and the updated ejector in my Gen4 G34 and shot the match at ACC yesterday. The brass ejection pattern was better. No brass to the face or head and most of it went to the right. I was also getting FTE and multiple brass to the face. No failures yesterday so I think I'm good for now. Good luck.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I just installed a Lone Wolf extractor and the updated ejector in my Gen4 G34 and shot the match at ACC yesterday. The brass ejection pattern was better. No brass to the face or head and most of it went to the right. I was also getting FTE and multiple brass to the face. No failures yesterday so I think I'm good for now. Good luck.

I also have a new extractor (I think it was LW). Working the slide by hand I saw no change with the extractor. With the ejector, I saw no change w/ empty brass, but a big change w/ full-weight dummies. I want to make the changes one at a time so I know what helps. We'll see what happens live-fire...

Apex has big things to say about their coming extractor. They say it's in production que, so I'll be giving that a try soon.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Installed the gen 4 ejector and shot a local match today (124 rounds) with no failures. I forgot the video, so I don't know really how consistent it's ejecting, but I didn't have any brass to the face or in my line of sight, so it's slightly promising. I had a lone wolf extractor in my bag but didn't install it [yet]. White sound extra strength extractor spring is on the way...

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Approx 425 rounds with the gen 4 ejector and no ejection failures. Tonight I tested some additional parts. I fired a few rounds with just the gen 4 ejector and noted roughly where the enter of the pile of brass was (and it was piled pretty well). I then put in a White Sound Defense extra power extractor spring. I noted a very slight improvement in that the brass was still grouped but maybe landed just a little farther away. Next I put in a Lone Wolf extractor. This caused the ejection to be awful... It was back to having brass bouncing off my forearm.

So my new baseline setup in my G34 is a gen 4 30274 ejector with a WSD extra strength extractor spring, and 15lb ISMI recoil spring. I still plan to test the Apex extractor setup when it becomes available

I then switched to some old stock 115 gr practice ammo, which had previously never worked well. Today it gave me no problem (except 1 round that didn't want to feed, I still have to figure that one out).

I tried everything I could think of to make it jam... Riding the slide, super limp grip, SHO, WHO, etc. I even tested w.o the mag and that ejected properly 8/10 times (once it fell through the mag well and one it stovepiped).

I think I would be willing to shoot this in a major again.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    added some grip.....
    -rvb

photo1kyu.jpg

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    1k rounds w/o a malfunction. I'll be shooting the G34 in the IN PROD/SS/REV match.

I switched back to the "-" connector. I'm on the fence as to whether I like it better than the standard 4.5/5.5/whatever connector. I installed a wolff reduced striker spring, and it has run just fine so far. After the PROD/SS/REV match I'll pull the trigger group out and polish everything up, and I think that'll be where I leave it.

Getting the trigger figured out on this thing. <3.5" at 25yds (standing/unsupported). I think I can get it down in the 2.5" range if I quit w/ the random flyer... gives me a goal anyway.

-rvb

Top Bottom