• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    I applaud those that have served as LEOs and in the military. I was a deputy for a few years. It was one of the worst and one of the best jobs I ever had. Left the department a little over 20 years ago. I saw things coming down the road that I did not want to be involved in. I also saw some things happen that were very very wrong.
    I am concerned that we are on our way to a point where we will see bloodshed on our streets in ways we never thought would happen. If people do not see this I think they may be a bit blind or foolish. I look at my kids and grandkids and are concerned for their future, what future there is on this road we have allowed ourselves to be taken.
    There is controversy at every turn, as many people who are driven by greed and a lust for power, walk all over their fellow citizens. This system cant last. I just wonder how soon it will be before the major breakdowns start to occur.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    To be fair to Reagan, he was put between a rock and a hard place by Charlie Rangel. If he vetoed FOPA, everybody would be condemning him for that to this day. He signed it, including the '86 ban. And we all condemn him to this day for it.

The Hughes Amendment wouldn't have been there at all if not for the Democrats and Rangel in particular, and their efforts to sink FOPA. This put Reagan in an impossible situation - no matter what he did we were going to lose.

I blame Reagan, sure, but I blame him FAR less than I blame the Democratic Party.

But your prior contention in this thread that I can buy anything a police agency can buy is completely false. I CANNOT go out and buy a newly manufactured full-auto weapon. Money is not even an issue. I think you know that. But hey... go on out and try to buy yourself a NEW M249, under your own name, and let me know how that works out for you.
    Cops can't buy them either. :dunno:
    Only a Government entity, like a City, can get the new stuff.
    If you feel oppressed by this fact, complain to your effing elected officials.
    Not the Cops!!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Humor_funny_journalists_guide_to_firearms_ak47_glock.jpg

All I have to say that this is one of the greatest posts I have ever read on any forum. That is all.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Cops can't buy them either. :dunno:
    Only a Government entity, like a City, can get the new stuff.
    If you feel oppressed by this fact, complain to your effing elected officials.
    Not the Cops!!

No kidding. That's exactly what I was saying. And I've spent more than 20 years doing exactly as you suggest. Next time try to understand what you read.

But to address not blaming the police, since YOU brought it up, how do you reconcile that with most police agencies favoring the status quo? How are they not partly to blame? That would be like ME lobbying for a ban on (fill in the blank) and then when it passes saying "don't blame ME, blame the legislature and take it up with them" and totally ignoring MY part in the process.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    No kidding. That's exactly what I was saying. And I've spent more than 20 years doing exactly as you suggest. Next time try to understand what you read.

But to address not blaming the police, since YOU brought it up, how do you reconcile that with most police agencies favoring the status quo? How are they not partly to blame? That would be like ME lobbying for a ban on (fill in the blank) and then when it passes saying "don't blame ME, blame the legislature and take it up with them" and totally ignoring MY part in the process.
    Well....
    You appear to just be looking for an excuse to hate LEO's
    Carry on.... :rolleyes:

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    I see this being the same as history. Arm a force that only is loyal to their dear leader. Then limit the power of a force that is loyal to the people.

Top Bottom