• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Last weekend, I picked up a pink rifle from Bradis. (I have yet to shoot it...sigh)
    2d2af7p.jpg

I am wanting to turn it into this..
    97200n.jpg

On top of that, I found a case that I want from www.ladiesguncases.com
    Rifle_Cases_vinyl-sh_plum-01.jpg

I don't suppose anyone happens to have a discount coupon for that place do you? It even has a detachable accessory bag. When I get this, you might find M&M's in there. :) Actually, chapstick, bug spray, and kleenex are probably what you'll actually find in there.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Watch out

10/22itis starts like that! Before you know it, you'll have 6, then 8, then 10 of them. Then you'll be ordering parts for guns you don't have yet and scouring the gun shops for the best prices. Been there, done that, and down to 8 now...........I think. I do "need" another Charger, though.

I can't help you with the coupon thing but I would certainly point you at rimfirecentral.com if you aren't already hanging there. If there's something you can't find out about a 10/22 there, you don't need to know it!
    standard.jpg

Here's one with a nice paint job!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Spas, I am very happy for you.

Additionally, this was one of the most random things I've read this week... and I hang out in the Break Room a lot.

Kleenex? ORLY?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    She's going to build it out into a purple race gun similar to the one in the second pic (sans anodized scope, unfortunately), but she wanted one she could shoot while she puts the parts together, and she really didn't like the polymer stock on the cheaper model.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Very cool plans Spas! Keep updating us with pictures as you assemble your dream .22! :yesway:

Are you planning on taking out any evil WATERMELONS?

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Glad you are happy

Spasmo, I am sorry I wasn't there to assist but some unexpected things happened at my full time job that kinda messed up my schedule. I tthink I now have 21 or 22 in the safe. They just seem to continue to multiply. I am working on a stock for one now. If I can help in any way let me know.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Be verwe careful... those 10/22's are worse than those Mosins at multiplying.:spend: DO NOT STORE with those salty ole war guns!!! :naughty:
    We look forward to watching your project rifle come together, both on the board and on the line, you cant keep a pretty lady at home in the safe.:pimp:

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    +1 for rimfirecentral.com, lots of super nice and very knowledgable folks over there. If looking for parts I would also check hawktecharms.com and a trigger from Tony Kidd at coolguyguns.com

I have several and have put together several and they definetly seem to multiply. Easy to build up, so have fun and enjoy.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As my daughter would say... (NFA day joke)

WATERMELON!

Waiting on the next paycheck to purchase anything else. At this rate, it will be months before this one is built. :laugh:

(I'm seeing a theme too of where parts will probably come from. Maybe I should be looking for coupon codes for Midway :): )
    My laundry list so far looks like this:
    Tactical Solutions Barrel Ruger 10/22 22 Long Rifle .920" Diameter 1 in 16" Twist 16-1/2" Fluted Aluminum Threaded Muzzle Purple Gotta have it threaded :)
    157564.jpg

Tactical Solutions Performance Extended Magazine Release Ruger 10/22 Aluminum Purple
    119127.jpg

Buffer Technologies Recoil Buffer Ruger 10/22, 10/22 Magnum
    447629.jpg

Volquartsen Bolt Release and Target Hammer Ruger 10/22 Black
    510211.jpg

I imagine I'll put on a new bolt handle as well. Been looking for purple but haven't found one yet.

I have not found that perfect stock yet. I will have to hold them first so I'll be checking them out at the next 1500.

Don't need but would look cool
    10/22 Compensator - Silver - Compensators - Tactical Solutions
    1022%20Comp%20Silver%20M.jpg

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Thanks

That's gorgeous.

Fortunately, the guy who painted it moved to Birmingham. I used to stop by his place near Seymour on the way to or from the range. He always had a stock I "needed". His move saved me a ton of $$$. This one is for sale at TSG.

standard.jpg

On that bolt release, the factory piece is easy to modify. Instructions at rimfirecentral. I do mine with a half-round jeweler's file.

For the hammer, check your new purchase. Some of the guns with the new polymer trigger housing have the shims and hammer all one piece. Last tip on trigger work......Don't let anybody talk you into a Volquartsen TG2000 complete trigger group. I tried one and I might as well have flushed $200 down the toilet. I got better triggers by just swapping in the VQ hammer.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    On that bolt release, the factory piece is easy to modify. Instructions at rimfirecentral. I do mine with a half-round jeweler's file.

For the hammer, check your new purchase. Some of the guns with the new polymer trigger housing have the shims and hammer all one piece. Last tip on trigger work......Don't let anybody talk you into a Volquartsen TG2000 complete trigger group. I tried one and I might as well have flushed $200 down the toilet. I got better triggers by just swapping in the VQ hammer.

Fortunately, I've already rigged out my 10/22 with many of the same parts, so she's got in-house support. :D

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Awesome, spasmo! Good to see you've got a good start! In my opinion, the purple mag release works even better than a boring black one! :) Post pics as you go!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Took my new rifle out yesterday. The trigger has GOT to go. My finger is still sore today. I didn't realize how hard the pull was until about 100 rounds through it. The current sight needs to go as well. I'm looking forward to a new magazine release too.

I was getting 2 inch groupings though which I hear isn't bad. I think we were about 25 yards away. Scutter may have to correct me on that.

Overall, an awesome gun to shoot but can't shoot many rounds through it without that finger getting really sore as it is.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    A little birdie told me you might be wanting it. I even took it into account when I was buying it. But I wasn't sure how long I'd need the stock so I decided on the pink. If and when it goes, I'll put you first on the list. :)

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    Spasmo, you should checkout Dirty Bore Customs for that bolt handle, heck might as well get a tricked out bolt as well :D He does some pretty cool stuff. I had him do some work on my charger.
    charger024.jpg

charger023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom