• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    As much as I like S&W, at this point I'm not that impressed with either of these. My LCP has a laser and it is smaller and easier to pocket than this. I also think the LCR is much better looking than this 38. Just some preliminary observations.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    As much as I like S&W, at this point I'm not that impressed with either of these. My LCP has a laser and it is smaller and easier to pocket than this. I also think the LCR is much better looking than this 38. Just some preliminary observations.

I've been debating on an LCR or LCP for pocket pistol. I think I like the LCR more.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Integrated laser: Great, so a whole flock of "new shooters" that show up to the range will learn horrible habits or nothing at all because they focus on some rinky dink dot.

The rest of the gun looks great, like somthing from a futuristic movie. :)

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    I have one. I have put 100 rounds thru it so far. All ball. Only problem was ammo related. The Serbian prvi partizan has hard primers evidently, had 3 rounds took a second srtike to go off. I switched to RWS and no fail to fire then. Oh the 3 hard ones were in the first mag.

The laser was way off out of the box. Windage was good but elevation took some work but it's in there now. I read all the posts on S+W Forum about the problems some say they have had, mostly right out of the box. So far so good on mine. But I do have to get a few more down range before I call it good to go.

As far as the laser itself, I could care less about it. i have it dialed in but I use the sights and they are good ones. I put some color on my front so I could see it better. (I'm old) :laugh:

Don't worry about the laser coming on in your pocket, that thing is very hard to turn on with your finger. And the buttons are ambi, you don't have to use both to turn it on, one or the other.

The worse thing right now, is no extra mags are out that I know of. Until then I will keep carrying my LCP.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I went out and bought one today. I was looking at an LCP, but it was simply too small for my hands. Never felt I had a good grip on it.

I ran 50 rounds thru the S&W today, and I have to agree with the long trigger pull. Right when it seems the gun isn't going to go off and you let up slightly on the trigger it fires.:dunno: The links to S&W forum has a thread about the same thing. It looks like I might have to send it back to S&W from what is said in the thread.:noway:

Another thing about it is, make sure the barrel does NOT move back with the slide when reassembling it. You will put the pin back in and the slide will not go all the way forward. Took me quite awhile to figure out what was going on.:n00b:

Other than the possible trigger problem, I like the gun.:yesway: It fits my hand much better than the Ruger. The recoil isn't a problem at all either IMO.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We had one in the shop this morning. Size and weight are very "pocketable". The trigger pull is - and there's no way to say this that won't sound bad - long and hard. :): Reminds me of my Colt Pony Pocketlite, before it went off to Cylinder & Slide for an action job. The Insight laser is activated by a small thumb button on either side; push once for solid beam, push again for pulsating, push a 3rd time for off. Manual safety (on a DAO gun :n00b:) is small, and seems like both it and the laser would be hard to manipulate under stress. Price was $449; it sold within a few hours of opening.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    I went out and bought one today. I was looking at an LCP, but it was simply too small for my hands. Never felt I had a good grip on it.

I ran 50 rounds thru the S&W today, and I have to agree with the long trigger pull. Right when it seems the gun isn't going to go off and you let up slightly on the trigger it fires.:dunno: The links to S&W forum has a thread about the same thing. It looks like I might have to send it back to S&W from what is said in the thread.:noway:

Another thing about it is, make sure the barrel does NOT move back with the slide when reassembling it. You will put the pin back in and the slide will not go all the way forward. Took me quite awhile to figure out what was going on.:n00b:

Other than the possible trigger problem, I like the gun.:yesway: It fits my hand much better than the Ruger. The recoil isn't a problem at all either IMO.

Did you get the one from P.S.S. which had a problem with the right side laser button?

hoosier969

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010

i have been looking for a small gun, but 380 is expensive, and i cant decided about the diamondback 380. any way that you know how the 2 trigger pulls compare? i too enjoy sw, they fixed my p22 in record time, and have been decent on the phone... wanna keep supporting a decent company.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Did you get the one from P.S.S. which had a problem with the right side laser button?

Yes and no. Was at PSS, but Bob got a different one from in the back. I wasn't going to buy the one with the bad switch.

hoosier969

I looked at the Diamondback, never did pull the trigger though. The guy at PSS did say if he ever decided to replace his Kel Tec he would do it with the Diamondback. The way he described it's design is it's basicly a mini Glock.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Yes and no. Was at PSS, but Bob got a different one from in the back. I wasn't going to buy the one with the bad switch.

That's cool he had another, My wife and I had it out on the counter comparing it with others when two guys walked in and started looking at it and also noticed the faulty switch, thought it may have been you.

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy

hoosier969

I looked at the Diamondback, never did pull the trigger though. The guy at PSS did say if he ever decided to replace his Kel Tec he would do it with the Diamondback. The way he described it's design is it's basicly a mini Glock.

I bought a Diamondback there myself. Compaired to the other 380's I've shot (LCP and Kahr), I love the Diamondback when it actually fires. That is why I'm going to be a little sad to get rid of it. May try to trade it in on the Bodyguard after I take it back for the 2nd time for repairs.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    I bought a Diamondback there myself. Compaired to the other 380's I've shot (LCP and Kahr), I love the Diamondback when it actually fires. That is why I'm going to be a little sad to get rid of it. May try to trade it in on the Bodyguard after I take it back for the 2nd time for repairs.

Are you saying you have had to take the Diamondback in 2 times for repairs?

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy
    Are you saying you have had to take the Diamondback in 2 times for repairs?

Yes. The first time the trigger bar broke. I'm guessing that is what happened this time too. On top of that I would have a FTF at least once every three magazines and there was the occasional FTE. I put nearly 400 rounds through the gun hoping it would work out the kinks, because, when it actually worked properly, it shot great. Unlike the LCP, you could shoot that gun all day long. Very disappointed that the reliability cancels out everything that is good about the diamondback.

Top Bottom