• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Yes. The first time the trigger bar broke. I'm guessing that is what happened this time too. On top of that I would have a FTF at least once every three magazines and there was the occasional FTE. I put nearly 400 rounds through the gun hoping it would work out the kinks, because, when it actually worked properly, it shot great. Unlike the LCP, you could shoot that gun all day long. Very disappointed that the reliability cancels out everything that is good about the diamondback.
    What's your serial number range? The first couple thousand had problems. Tell Diamondback to replace it and they will. I have one of the "later" ones and I've not had any problems with it.

The S&W doesn't fit my hand as well as the Diamondback and it's going to have it's own set of problems for the first couple thousand guns.

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy
    What's your serial number range? The first couple thousand had problems. Tell Diamondback to replace it and they will. I have one of the "later" ones and I've not had any problems with it.

The S&W doesn't fit my hand as well as the Diamondback and it's going to have it's own set of problems for the first couple thousand guns.

I'll check that when I get home. That's good to know. Thanks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    9mm short is still just an more anemic version of an under powered cartridge regardless what package they put it in or doo dads they stick on it.

Anemic and difficult to shoot accurately with the dumb move of the last decade, double action only, I don't see much point to it.

Genitron.com: Details for Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 .380 Automatic Pistol

I agree, and although I do carry an LCP on me sometimes (e.g., road bicycle riding), I am really unsure if ANY laser is needed at all on a pocket gun. It is small, compact and meant for relatively close SD situations. Even with a laser, the small barrel just makes it tough to shoot on target past 10 yards. But for me, the little .380 does serve its purpose now and then.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I Even with a laser, the small barrel just makes it tough to shoot on target past 10 yards.

When watching the Crimson Laser DVD they provide with the Laser, it struck me that you might have to pull and shoot from the hip at some point, not having a chance to get the gun up for a decent aim,,,,, but the laser is where the bullet is going or close to it, that was the only reason I liked it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    When watching the Crimson Laser DVD they provide with the Laser, it struck me that you might have to pull and shoot from the hip at some point, not having a chance to get the gun up for a decent aim,,,,, but the laser is where the bullet is going or close to it, that was the only reason I liked it.

I think it would be cool on a larger gun, but for a pocket pistol, as you point out, you may have to "shoot from the hip" and that is why I practice close range shooting with my LCP in that manner as well as conventional methods. A laser is just one more piece of technology to fail when it matters most. What if you get used to quickly glancing for a point of light rather than quickly glancing to acquire your target and the light for one reason or another fails? It can be strong and durable shooting...and that very next shot...when you need it...is gone.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I think it would be cool on a larger gun, but for a pocket pistol, as you point out, you may have to "shoot from the hip" and that is why I practice close range shooting with my LCP in that manner as well as conventional methods. A laser is just one more piece of technology to fail when it matters most. What if you get used to quickly glancing for a point of light rather than quickly glancing to acquire your target and the light for one reason or another fails? It can be strong and durable shooting...and that very next shot...when you need it...is gone.

Good points, of course anything can fail, probably good to practice with and without,,:yesway:

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy

It is in the ZB0XXX range. Is this one of the earlier ones? I don't think it is. It has the nickel finish also. Not sure they had the nickel finish originally.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    9mm short is still just a more anemic version of an under powered cartridge regardless what package they put it in or doo dads they stick on it.

Anemic and difficult to shoot accurately with the dumb move of the last decade, double action only, I don't see much point to it.

Genitron.com: Details for Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 .380 Automatic Pistol

Yeah there sure seems to be a .380 pocket pistol trend over the last 5 years. I wonder why they haven't come out with similar sized 9mm pocket guns? I would think the larger round wouldn't make that must difference in size.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I find the discussion about the .380 being anemic kinda silly.:n00b:

:DJust kidding here but.... :Dyou stand out about 10 yards in front of me, and let me shoot you with a .380 and THEN I dare you to tell me it's anemic. I'd wager you won't!

Personally I wouldn't want to be hit with a .22. I've been shot with a BB gun, it hurt, and a pellet gun, it hurt worse.:D

IMO, a personal defense weapon is to deter and defend, not ALWAYS necessary to kill someone to do that.

eebbog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2011
    Local price for the BG380 is under $360. Have had great luck and fine shooting with it. The laser turns off after 5 minutes.

eebbog

Top Bottom