• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I believe we will have an attack before long. I think a lot of evidence points to a rural school or hotel type attack. If it does there is the distinct possibility of having to utilize armed citizens according to one expert on the Russian Beslan incident. In one of those situations you can't wait while the terrorist's get dug in. One of the mistakes made in the Russia tragedy. Hope I am wrong. Scary stuff.

Last edited:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I believe we will have an attack before long. I think a lot of evidence points to a rural school or hotel type attack. If it does there is the distinct possibility of having to utilize armed citizens according to one expert on the Russian Beslan incident. In one of those situations you can't wait while the terrorist's get dug in. One of the mistakes made in the Russia tragedy. Hope I am wrong. Scary stuff.
    I hope your wrong to

ETA: If they attack a school, I vote we quit playing nice

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    TSA justifying their own existence, reminding us how much we need them.

I'm not so sure. But searching semi's might be a bit over the top. :dunno: If they have the intel, follow the money, so to speak. Do the ground work. Don't search everything under the pretense of "terror threat".

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Let us pray it doesn't take a Beslan, Russia school incident in the USA, for the general public to realize the best defense against terror attacks on "soft" targets is to make them hard by arming the citizens.

Belsan, Russia was the town where the Islamic Terrorist took over a School.

The H.S. where my kids attend only has one retired/security guard (to offensive meant to the guards) sitting in his car at the main entrance. The school has at least six entrances for vehicles; these are locked using regular hardware store grade locks that any bolt cutter of can cut. Bottom line no real security.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Let us pray it doesn't take a Beslan, Russia school incident in the USA, for the general public to realize the best defense against terror attacks on "soft" targets is to make them hard by arming the citizens.

Belsan, Russia was the town where the Islamic Terrorist took over a School.

If that happens here in the USA, expect to see another Assault Weapon Ban, Handgun ban, ammunition prices skyrocket, etc. because, I mean, where else are terrorists going to get their supplies other than a gun shop?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Fox News is reporting on the arrest of terrorist's in Europe that were going to do an India type hotel takeover.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I was talking to an acquaintance on IMPDs EOD unit last week. They're thinking the next attack will be small-unit Mumbai-like as was described for Europe. From the terr's POV it makes sense; many small actions, coordinated if possible but individualized, if not, create a tremendous amount of fuss; loss of a significant amount of infidel lives; and create fears within the attacked population.

They may discover, if they succeed, what a pyrric victory means.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    A school attack here in the US is highly unlikely.

Weapons and/or explosives are illegal at schools.

-J-

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    A school attack here in the US is highly unlikely.

Weapons and/or explosives are illegal at schools.

-J-

Cathy's all bawling right now because we were discussing this latest threat and the Beslan incident. She asks "I'm tempted to call Mrs Nixon and ask what she'd do if something like that happened here?"

I said "WTF do you think she'll do? The same thing you would do with your kids... die trying to block a door. This is why it's so reckless to disarm our schools and teachers." Apparently it was the wrong thing to say, cause she's crying now. But, it's reality. There's not a darn thing teachers in schools like ours can do. No security, no weapons... all the teachers can do is die first in hopes of buying their kids some time to scatter out the windows.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    If I was a terrorist organization, I'd just get some "martyrs" to blow themselves up in shopping center, gas stations, etc.

If they make people fearful to even leave their homes to conduct commerce, it would cripple the country overnight.

In fact, I'm surprised no one has blown up a walmart yet, as it would be relatively simple to do. It wouldn't even need to be a big bomb to create the kind of psychological impact they're going for.

In fact, now that I think about it, a lot of small bombs would be much more effective than one big bomb. They wouldn't really even need to kill anyone. Just scare them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Cathy's all bawling right now because we were discussing this latest threat and the Beslan incident. She asks "I'm tempted to call Mrs Nixon and ask what she'd do if something like that happened here?"

I said "WTF do you think she'll do? The same thing you would do with your kids... die trying to block a door. This is why it's so reckless to disarm our schools and teachers." Apparently it was the wrong thing to say, cause she's crying now. But, it's reality. There's not a darn thing teachers in schools like ours can do. No security, no weapons... all the teachers can do is die first in hopes of buying their kids some time to scatter out the windows.

All mine have been told to bolt.
    None of that nonsense like the 911 operators told the people
    that were in the twin towers to stay in their offices and wait for the authorities.
    :rolleyes:
    GTFO and call if you can or hideout, don't wait in a room to be summarily executed.

Top Bottom