• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Dang you guys, Now I want to sit in one. I still question what 100k miles will do to the interior; squeaking parts, torn or ripped leather/cloth and all that good stuff.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All the nay-sayers are pretty funny. I doubt there are many on this forum in Tesla's target demographic.

I still think they are pretty slick.

Between the stock market uncertainties (many claiming it's overvalued), the car fires, and George Clooney essentially saying he spent more time on the side of the road than driving one, the nay-sayers just might have a legit gripe.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Dang you guys, Now I want to sit in one. I still question what 100k miles will do to the interior; squeaking parts, torn or ripped leather/cloth and all that good stuff.

There are a LOT fewer moving parts than in a conventional car. No drivetrain so you gain a LOT of interior room, and there's really not many buttons either. I would think it's rather a nice interior that should hold up well. Now, my 3 kids could probably ruin it in 15-30 minutes if left to their own...

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Between the stock market uncertainties (many claiming it's overvalued), the car fires, and George Clooney essentially saying he spent more time on the side of the road than driving one, the nay-sayers just might have a legit gripe.

Meh, I don't take much stock in such things. MAYBE there could possibly be an issue, but we're dealing with cutting edge technology and thinking here. Who knows how much of the naysayers are being propped up by big oil?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Clooney bought production car #5. What did he think would happen? I'm guessing there have been a few revisions since then - and since that model hasn't been produced in a few years.

I'm with you on the Tesla stock price. As a company, they need to make it work right now, or someone will pull the plug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Meh, I don't take much stock in such things. MAYBE there could possibly be an issue, but we're dealing with cutting edge technology and thinking here. Who knows how much of the naysayers are being propped up by big oil?

Totally possible. I love the look and how innovative Tesla is, but right now (and considering how young the company is), I'm in the "wait and see" group.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Clooney bought production car #5. What did he think would happen? I'm guessing there have been a few revisions since then - and since that model hasn't been produced in a few years.

I'm with you on the Tesla stock price. As a company, they need to make it work right now, or someone will pull the plug

My personal opinion is that they tired to do too much, too soon. They should have kept with two models and perfected them before trying to expand and work on collabos.And just for the record, I would LOVE to have a Tesla.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I would love to have one too. Wonder what insurance runs on them.
    I doubt autozone has parts

Excellent question, I hope it isn't more than my Charger. My rates doubled going from my Outback to a Charger RT.

There really aren't that many parts as compared to a regular car. In fact, the battery pack can come out really easily if you have the necessary parts.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We were up there today so we took a look, pretty interesting stuff. The screen in the console is HUGE!

i preferred the Lotus, Rossion, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Maserati stuff we saw earlier in the day though.....

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    i have hard enough time keeping my cell phone charged, couldnt imagine a car that needs charged.

Yeah, that's the downside to electric cars right now. Charging takes a LOOOOONG time. I can't imagine sitting in a station for 2 hours waiting for the car to charge enough to get another 300 miles out of it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah, that's the downside to electric cars right now. Charging takes a LOOOOONG time. I can't imagine sitting in a station for 2 hours waiting for the car to charge enough to get another 300 miles out of it.

Definitely understandable.

For me and my needs/wants/desires - I don't ever see myself in a car like a Tesla as presently packaged. Even if I *could* afford it (which I certainly can't)

things for us to keep in mind - this is PRESENT technology. Present technology that has come a long long long way in the last 25+ years.

Imagine what electric / hybrid automobile tech will be in the next 20-25 years?

Heck - just look at the Chevy Volt of now. That hybrid system is quite efficient.

Again - these things are just the beginning.

When Google's sentient robot army takes over - the sky's the limit!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Tesla has installed "SuperCharger" stations in several major markets. In 30 minutes, you get a 200 mile charge. Not quite the same as a fill-up, but still pretty impressive. Their goal is to go coast to coast with stations less than 200 miles apart.
    Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Their "S" model also supports battery swaps. This is a 90-second swap to a fully-charged battery pack. Still in its infancy, though. That would be FASTER than any fill-up.
    Battery Swap | Tesla Motors

Onrails

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I have driven my friends Tesla and it is a fantastic car.
    He has had it for 8 months or so and hasn't had any issues that I am aware of.

My .02

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm excited for when I can afford an electric car and Indian starts building nuclear plants.

I'm a huge fan of Elon Musk, the Tesla and SpaceX brands. Those are what American desperately needs, even if you don't like Tesla for whatever reason you have to recognize what a huge risk he took and what a profound impact it's going to have.
    He's a self made billionaire who made huge gambles on two companies which no one else would ever dare finance and made them both great success'

Top Bottom