• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If invincible mid or endgame strategery would be helpful, I'm at your service.

Well, the end game is crushing them into a legal paste, so after my June 26th hearing on the depositions to find out who made the false allegations against me so I know who and what organization(s) to come after in court, I shall contact you.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well, the end game is crushing them into a legal paste, so after my June 26th hearing on the depositions to find out who made the false allegations against me so I know who and what organization(s) to come after in court, I shall contact you.

...in court. That's cute.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

This was an OUTSTANDING "First step".

Keep up the good fight Kirk!

Thanks for the kind words. (BTW, did you look at my new AC unit for that project we discussed?)

One of my biggest fears (ok, so maybe I am paranoid) when I read the preemption statute back in '11 was the possibility of counties (or bigger cities with City Courts, Lafayette abolished our City Court after the Wireman matter) making bathrooms or broom closets "courtrooms" and thus re-implementing their prior gun bans that preemption wiped away.

It appears Tippecanoe County attempted to do exactly that. It is one thing if they actually have a courtroom under the law, but to pretend one exists is another matter.

It is still an interesting legal question, when does a (courtroom) life begin?:D

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I think he was asking if it were possible with a good judge or county gov't to have only the court room proper off limits/behind a metal detector, but have the rest of the courthouse freedom-respecting.

I was just wondering if all governmental units in general can ban licensed carry in their buildings, or if licensed carry can be banned only in courts, or something in between. Reading Kirk's reference, it appears "in between."

In Texas governmental entities cannot prohibit licensed open or concealed carry on their premises with a very short list of exceptions, and while most governmental entities are now toeing the line (because as of two years ago they can be fined for prohibiting licensed carry), there are a few holdouts who are abusing the exceptions for courts, including a dirty trick (albeit a much more public dirty trick than what Kirk was subjected to). The Texas Attorney General is suing two major problem children over this, but it is a slow process.

I shall be interested to the results of Kirk's efforts.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Anywho, today I started to hear from more than several in law enforcement about what happened to me after "someone" (or "someones") tried to throw me off the FOIA trail.

The coppers were all supportive and know a raw deal when they see it. They themselves did not think the county was right in running its little phony courtroom scam on the voters of Tippecanoe County and the more experienced ones were upset that I did not sue over it.

We shall see what happens Monday. I know .gov wants to keep the whole "Kirk's carrying a gun" tactic secret, but the way to fight bullying is with sunlight!

Top Bottom