• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I voted Kirk that year. Good luck with this. I spent my first 40 years in tippecanoe county.

Thank you for your vote. Now, to find the other 5.

I find it amazing that they continue to screw with me. They just won't stop. It's me, the guy that fights and wins. Plenty of other attorneys who will lay down for them, not me, not ever.

Grandpa Page (as best I can remember), "Don't ever fight, but if they fight you, you mark them so every time you look in the mirror they remember you."

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Just saw the Bangert article @ Jconline. Kind of surprised he didn't put a negative slant on it. He's been like a Tully " mini me" the last year or so.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Keep up the good work Kirk. As a surveyor, I often go into annex buildings to get land records. I've not inquired as to whether any of the annex buildings I frequent have a "courtroom". So to be on the safe side I dont carry but I would like to just because its kind of an inconvenience to take my weapon off and put it back on when I leave.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Keep up the good work Kirk. As a surveyor, I often go into annex buildings to get land records. I've not inquired as to whether any of the annex buildings I frequent have a "courtroom". So to be on the safe side I dont carry but I would like to just because its kind of an inconvenience to take my weapon off and put it back on when I leave.

Be advised: each county is different as to court locations. I have had cases in Shelby County, but am unfamiliar with the entire layout.

As well, I won the gun carry/phony/embryonic courtroom issue. County (County Attorney is a fair man concerned with the law) conceded my concern over the phony courtroom. Carry at the new Tippecanoe County Annex building is legal with a LTCH.

We have moved on to Issue #2: whether there was a retaliatory strike against me based on my APRA/FOIA request.

Wait and see.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Spelled your name right, every time. Can't get much better than that. :)

I don't care, this goes beyond publicity. This goes to the core of what I believe and how a government should act.

Think of the potential issue (potential because I cannot yet confirm) here: whether a government potentially acted out of vindictiveness against a citizen for asking a question.

Even raising this possibility should terrify each and every citizen of Tippecanoe County, and all of Indiana.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In an abundance of caution, have you filed a ITCA notice - or do you plan on doing that? Seems like the basis of RAS would be the main question as to whether you were confined/detained legitimately. Of course, that's the basis for the 26 hearing - to get discovery on that point without wasting people's time with a full blown lawsuit.

Does a concern by a judicial officer, based on public statements, provide RAS for a Terry stop?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It seems to me, a lowly layman, that it stands to reason that a person wouldn't make a fuss about whether a building contained a courtroom if he regularly carried in a building where the question was moot. If that is their RAS it is beyond logic.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In an abundance of caution, have you filed a ITCA notice - or do you plan on doing that? Seems like the basis of RAS would be the main question as to whether you were confined/detained legitimately. Of course, that's the basis for the 26 hearing - to get discovery on that point without wasting people's time with a full blown lawsuit.

Does a concern by a judicial officer, based on public statements, provide RAS for a Terry stop?

Defamation, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, Trade Liberal, Interference with a Civil Right (FOIA Request), inter alia and you are worried about a bad search which would likely be deemed consensual?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Defamation, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, Trade Liberal, Interference with a Civil Right (FOIA Request), inter alia and you are worried about a bad search which would likely be deemed consensual?

Fair enough.

All those things you've listed should be detailed in the ITCA notice, to the extent a political subdivision or a public official may be the defendant.

Top Bottom