• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Disclaimer: I didn't have time to read all of the replies before mine.

If you're looking to stretch your dollar, you have two options.

Option 1: Check the classifieds and take advantage of one of the amazing deals going through there every day. You can find great rifles, some even with ammo to get you started shooting, for great prices.

Option 2: Wait for Black Friday Deals from PSA. They can get you a complete rifle kit minus lower and sights for much less than your budget. Then head on over to USDS and pick out whatever lower and sights that your heart desires. Anderson lowers are the best bang for the buck, while something like a Spike's will be a bit nicer and give you more options for roll marks. There really is no better feeling than looking at a rifle and saying "I built that."

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I got a BCM in trade and only owned it for a few months. It didn't do anything better than my PSA parts, quality "appeared" the same, and my PSA parts have yet to fail (knock on wood). I probably shoot around 15k rifle rounds a year and have yet to break anything from PSA. BCM is a great company, but I don't see putting extra money in my rifle when I won't get an increased return.
    yeah there are great psa pieces out there. When they started mass producing to keep up with demand their quality suffered. Also now you have people who try to pass of ptac and other levels of psa as "psa premium". Not cool and deffinately not the same.
    I own 2 psa premium guns. No issues. Also a psa commemorative Lower. No issues. I'm not anti psa I just want people to understand there is a difference.
    but If a guy is only gonna shoot his rifle at the range and expect nothing else out of it ever then buy whatever is cheapest. Unless you just want to own a top brand. But if I'm putting my life on a gun (which I expect out of every gun I own) then buy quality the first time.
    i think a lot of us are on the same page

seabassnfg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2014
    Valpo
    Lots of great info. I'm also new to ar's, and want to build one myself.
    With that being said, I still have no idea where to start. I don't know what to buy, or where to buy it from.
    Is there some sort of buyers guide, or video on what is Needed?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My M4 build cost me roughly 600, but was built to as close as I could find parts to what I had overseas. My A3 build is at 468 right now and all I need is a clamp on FSb, BCG and charging handle. I figure that will run close to 650, and again built as close as possible to what I had in boot camp. I don't plan on shooting them maybe more than 1k rounds each a year as I've had plenty of trigger time over 4 yrs. I would say the parts I've used have all been mid grade parts just for the above mentioned facts for my use. I may use the M4 as my trunk gun once my A# is built. Though I'm not one who believes in all the tacticool gear people throw on their AR's that's just me coming from my real world experiences.

Top Bottom