• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is a good case in point. If my math is right, we're reloading here for 18 cents a round, not including brass. You can get 1000 round cases of factory for that price per round, or even a bit less.

Of course, reloading isn't all about savings if you really want to tweak your loads to put 10 rounds in a single hole. Just depends on what a guy wants his platform to do.

Where can you get brass cased ammo for 18 cents a round?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been loading .223 for only a couple of years now but have found that I like the Lee dies much better than the original RCBS dies I bought. The ammo I've produced with the Lee dies has been much better in quality than the RCBS produced ammo. I like the way the decapping pin is designed on the Lee dies much better than the designed it on the RCBS dies. I'm still on a learning curve for .223 and have only loaded less than 2000 rounds of it so far. My last batch of 500 was done with Accurate 2230, which meters very consistently on a Dillon press. So far so good with it. Anyone else using 2230?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have heard that LEE dies are hard to beat. I'm going to work up my first loads using Varget for powder. Still deciding on what bullets to use. I want to run with 62 grain because I will be reloading some steel core ammo.

Top Bottom